FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:55:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: bolt kit  (Read 2193 times)
fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2002, 03:00:18 PM »

:)Hi there everyone.   Could someone cast some light on a query I have. Where the front chassis bolts onto the floor member/rockers are a total of 4 bolts. I have some high tensile new bolts and washers/nuts to attatch this together. I have realised that rare spares sell a bolt kit to do this job, part no spk5.  Is it necessary to use this bolt kit or will my bolts be ok. And if needed ,then why.  Any help would be appreciated

miikael
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2002, 08:31:52 PM »

Hi
The bolts which hold the front chassis are steped down at the thread section, without the step down normal bolts will either be too big to fit right through or too small and will wobble around.
The rare spares bolts are a small investment in the overall cost in a rebuild and give piece of mind that the correct part is holding the front of your car and your backside of the ground.
Good Luck
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2002, 01:21:08 PM »

Thanks John.  I was thinking that was the case and what you said is true. I've replaced everything else so I was thinking of putting this bolt kit in, I just wanted to know for sure.
Thanks again
Miikael
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: