FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:54:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My new project  (Read 166530 times)
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2011, 07:15:44 PM »

Looking Great Jack!

Good to see that it is coming together well!. Sorry to hear that you have to slow down some as you have to move house, hopefully the new house will have a bigger and better garage!

Keep us posted after the move

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2011, 07:49:35 PM »

Thanks guys, yes I am moving to a place with a bigger garage - I'm gaining an extra 3 metres of floor space. It will be nice to be able to walk around the car normally instead of crablike! Grin Grin. The only downside is setting all the shelving and equipment up again, but it could be a good chance for a cleanout. Jack
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2011, 09:56:42 AM »

Hi Jack... Not easy to say for a pilot..  Grin Grin

Just had a look all the way through your project again, doing great work all of the way through.

Thought I would bump it to the top again to get some more motivation into you for more photos of where you are at with the build.

What paint did you use for the tank and the inside of the car? Did you use POR15???

Also sent you a PM

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »

Hi Jase, yes that's POR15 I used on the tank and floor, comes up a treat ,you just brush it on and it looks like it's been sprayed! Now I've got my shed all sorted I'll get some progress shots up, thanks, I needed that little bit of motivation. Grin Grin Cheers, Jack
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »

Hi Guys, been a while since the last update but there's not much to show when in the rewiring phase. Finally got most of the wiring done. Used some 6 pin plugs and sockets for the dash so that it can be unplugged and removed easily. Fitted an Autometer speedo which fitted perfectly in the original hole and it's in Mph so it doesn't look out of place. Put some fuel and water in it last nite and fired it up, it ran great after the initial puff of smoke from the oil I'd put down the cylinders to keep them lubricated. I've driven it up and down the driveway a few times and all seems to work ok, the power steering is as light as! , the brakes work well too. The final step of the wiring is to run the wires to the headlights and horn. I have fitted 2 fuse panels, one on the battery side and one on the ignition side and I have mounted them on spring loaded kitchen cupboard hinges so they swing down for fuse changing then swing back up under the dash. Works a treat!  Next on the list is to get the doors, bonnet, guards and boot soda blasted and primed and put back on the car. Then it will be all systems go for the painting stage. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! Til next time, Cheers, Jack.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2011, 08:00:04 PM »

Jack what radiator have you fitted  Huh Huh Huh Huh....FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2011, 08:28:09 PM »

Mark, it looks like something he found in someones shed and modified to suit...  Wink Grin

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2011, 09:12:05 PM »

Mark, it looks like something he found in someones shed and modified to suit...  Wink Grin
And I thought it looked like a HQ radiator  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Huh Huh Thanks for that Jack  Tongue Tongue....FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »

Only 160 MPH.......!!!! Cheesy

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »

Nah - it's sitting on 8 already so only 152mph!  Wink

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2011, 03:15:54 AM »

Nice work Jack... I still want to come and have a look. Probably when I go to Geelong for some parts.

Cheers JB

Phone +64 223509263
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »

And I thought it looked like a HQ radiator  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Huh Huh Thanks for that Jack  Tongue Tongue....FC427.....

Mark, if it's the one I think it is, you're right on the money...

(used to have a real good one of them in the shed somewhere  Wink)

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »

Jack, is there something you're NOT telling us about re the V6??

Great work; looking forward to seeing it! Catch you at Camperdown.

cheers, jack

FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2011, 07:17:49 PM »

Gidday Jack, yes you are right it is a HQ radiator someone found in a shed on the sth west coast of Vic. Grin Grin Had to swap the inlet and outlet over to the opposite sides. JB any time you want to drop in just give me a call. I thought I'd go for the 160 MPH speedo in just case I found myself going down a steep hill with a tail wind Wink Been busy on " household chores" today so haven't had a chance to do much on the car ( apart from giving it the obligatory startup ). Til next time, Jack
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2011, 07:42:18 PM »

I thought I'd go for the 160 MPH speedo in just case I found myself going down a steep hill with a tail wind
Hehehe..and with the 300HP of Nitrous Go Baby Go button pressed... Grin All jokes aside,great work Jack,looks awesome. Cool

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2012, 08:35:04 PM »

Just looked at my last post and could not believe it was back in August last year, where does the time go?. Since my last post I have reskinned the 4 doors and primed and rubbed and primed and rubbed and painted and rubbed and buffed and polished. So glad I'm finally over that stage, now I know why paint jobs are so expensive!. I am now starting to put it all back together. Should have my wheels next week, I will post a photo when they are on. Hope to have it on the road by next spring after 5 long years. Til next time, cheers, Jack

Rust found in doors after blasting.

Also rust in inner skins

inner skin repaired

outer skin fitted

back on car

After painting
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »

Thats beautiful. Hope your right about next spring.

Rgds Wayne b
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2012, 09:16:23 AM »

Looking great, Jack  Smiley Smiley Smiley

The blue and silver is going to be stunning with the chrome back on  Cool

Catch up with you soon for a cool drink and a closer look  Wink

cheers, jack

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »

G,day Jack, looking good, just checked out your post again from page one and you've come a long way mate, I've watched as you've built the old girl but you forget all the details, looking at the whole thing from the start you can see how much work/time and effort you've put in.
                                 Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »

Hi all, sorry about the delay with the update, but I've just been slack with my computer work! The wheels are on and fit well apart from some rubbing on the front guards. I have tapped the lip up but still rub, may have to raise the front a little. I have fitted struts to the boot lid and they work well. I am starting to get some of the bling back on it, have got all my chrome back , just waiting on the stainless. Dropped the seats off to the upholsterers today so it's all starting to come together. Here are a couple of photos , will post some more when I get the rest of the bling back on. Cheers for now, Jack.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: