FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:54:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Radio  (Read 3233 times)
Mark_B

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2008, 05:20:39 AM »

Question 1
I have finally picked up my first FC and now that it is home the hard work starts. When checking it out it has a old radio in it which has holden all transistor written on the front can any one tell me if this is original or has it been added later.

Question 2
Is it possible to put a EJ grey motor into the old girl with out to much trouble. At present it has a HP179 out of a EH but I would like to make it more original.
Thanks Mark
Mark_B

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 05:24:31 AM »

Sorry folks, dont know what happend as I thought this was being posted on the technical page.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 10:27:07 AM »

Have a look in the accessories section and you will see a pic of the radio. I expect if it has that written on the front then it is not FE/FC. The FE/FC radio has a black plastic facia with a small badge with the words "Air Chief" written on it. If it was a non-push button FC radio it would also have "Air Chief" written on a plate between the knobs. I think EH or maybe HR radio had "Holden All Transistor" written on it. Someone else may have a better idea of this than me. Undecided

I assume you still have the original FC gearbox in it?  The EJ motor will go into the FC if this is the case with no problems - You can't use the EJ front engine mount unless you drill out the mounting holes in the front outrigger of the FC. There are other little bits and pieces which are different such as wiring connectors but these are minor and pretty easily sorted out

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: