FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:01:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Speco headers  (Read 3832 times)
torana/mad

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2008, 09:20:26 PM »

Just wondering if anyone out there would have a set and or give me an idea of what they go for as im new to the fe scene but would like to trick the bay up with a few era specific bolton gear.

Thanks, Ash.
Dave88

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 12:44:13 AM »

Hi Ash,

Unfortunately, I don't have a set to offer you. However, I've just had some success in finding a pair after quite a long search myself. (Some might call me mad) but I paid $600 for my Speco's. I had the choice between 2 pairs which have both had the mounting tabs re-braised / welded at some point. Correct me if i'm wrong, but that seems to be a pretty common trait with most Speco headers in particular that i've seen. The beauty of the Speco's is that they look the "beez neez" when you couple them with a matching Speco manifold and rocker cover (both of which are relatively easy to find).

If you decide you aren't specifically chasing some Speco's there's a whole list of other names to keep an eye out for also. (Such as Jack Meyers and Kleinig etc...)

I don't think there's any way of putting a price guide on what you might expect to pay for the majority of period performance parts at the moment. It all depends on what the buyer is willing to pay really.

Although you're probably already keeping an eye on eBay for headers, do a search for complete Grey motors / blocks each time you get on there. It was only a few weeks ago a complete engine sold for about $300 with headers in NSW. This wasn't the first time I've seen "sought after" Grey motor parts sell with blocks either. Each time these components have been left out of item descriptions also.. Some guys don't see any value in this type of gear.
Perhaps, if you couldn't justify collecting/transporting an entire engine to your door, You may be able to work a deal with the seller... that being... pay the full purchase price of the item and ask if having the headers posted only would be an option. The seller may see advantage in the deal also...

Anyhow, that's my rant for now...

Cheers,
Dave
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 10:54:38 AM »

Based on evilbay prices in last couple of years or so most of the Speco,Kleinig,Jack Meyers,Lanspeed go for anywhere between $450 plus to around $650 or so.A set of Kleinig headers sold there about 9 months ago for $654 ( I think ).

There is talk of Jack Meyer headers being reproduced by a company but haven't heard of anything from that idea for a few months now so maybe the concept has stalled.

Cheers,

Terry.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 11:13:18 AM »

I spoke to Mark at AUSSIESPEED just before xmas and the Jack Meyer grey headers are suppose to be ready in the first few months of this year so they are getting closer I will email him this week and let you know more ........FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
torana/mad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 08:21:21 PM »

Dave thanks heaps for the info and taking the time to put that up it helps alot as i am really new to this and it sounds like i will need to just keep an eye out as i have a speco tri manifold and cover and would like to match the headers with it and really stick to period mods only and give it a feel of something that could have been a racer in its day and then stuck in some shed let to age alittle  Grin

And i did checkout the aussiespeed site and see that they are going to remake that type of header and it may be an option but cant say im too keen on their logo  Roll Eyes
torana/mad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 08:22:39 PM »

Oh and thanks Terry and 427 for the info.

Ash
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: