FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 25, 2024, 07:22:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 5102 times)
BundyFC

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2007, 02:52:00 PM »

Hay all,
well i have been sniffin around the forums for a few days noe, just finaly got car delivered this morening so will offically say hello.

im in Bundaberg QLD. i'm  44 years old got a grumpy wfe and 4 out of control kids.  Grin
also on a bloody pension due to an industrial accident.  Sad

anyhow have been playing cars and bikes most me life and still know nothing.  Grin

looking foward to takeing part in the forums and learning as much as i can.

car pic's link > http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,12420.0.html

Kind Regards, BundyFC  Cheesy
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 04:08:39 PM »

G'day Bundy FC, looks like you are off to a good start there with the wagon, that grill badge in the pile of parts is a scarce item  Shocked hang onto that.

Whats the floor, subframe & sills like for rust  Huh keep us posted of your progress
Welcome aboard, Regards, Gary
BundyFC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 09:17:59 PM »

Hay,
Floor - sills -  subframe - are perfect, no rust at all .  Tongue

frount and rear ends are totally new / re-built  Grin Grin Grin

also every bush rubber - grommett - tie rod ends and every bloody nut and bolt on the damm thing underneath... NEW  Cheesy

springs - brakes - diff - tailshaft all look bloody new / reco, motor and gear box are fully rebuilt as well as starter and all other components.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

hopeing for a sunney day tommmorow so i can get a heap of pictures to add to gallery.

that way i can check the brakes ect, altough i'm assumeing seeing the rest of the car if all new the brakes will be no differant.  Wink

is ther a site i can go to so i can check chassis number and find out a little more about the old girl ?

Kind Regards, Brett  Smiley
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 10:02:53 PM »

gday brett

great car there mate well done  Grin Grin ken the master will give you all the details of the car when he is on next there isnt much he doesnt know about the numbers on the fe fc

Cheers Damo58

Iam good just ask me Smiley
BundyFC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 10:16:17 PM »

Thanks mate,
will look forward to asking a few thousand questions to him and the rest of you knolagable folk here on the forums, i'm afraid i am lost these days as to what goes where.hehehe  Grin

but am looking foward to geting the biuild happening, have just been down the shed laying out all the chrome bits and pieces ect,not sure what i have and have not got,but i got to tell ya,i'm NOt looking foward to puting the grill abck togeather.HAHAHA

kIND Regards, BundyFC - Brett  Cool
earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 10:15:29 AM »

or try here to find out stuff as well, it is a great idea and hate it to go to waste....

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/idinfo.html

Matt
BundyFC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 06:25:54 PM »

Matt,
thanks for the great link  mate!!

feed the info in and she spits out the goods  Grin

Results>
#- FC-229-16089-A Vehicle is an FC Special Station Sedan, the 16,089th manufactured in Adelaide, SA.

#- 311-659 The Exterior Trim Code (311) describes this car as Two-Tone: India Ivory over Fountain Blue.

#- The Interior Trim Code (659) refers to: Viscount Blue & Black.
253-9741  The Primary (bonnet, guards) colour is Fountain Blue (in DUCO Lacquer)

#- 256 Unknown RPO code 256 factory fitted

#- FC-15557B-x The vehicle was assembled during 1959, and was the 14,557th FC (in any bodystyle) assembled in Unknown.

#- J90721 Manufacture date (based on engine number) is Unknown (Not an FE/FC engine no - should look like Lnnnnnn)

thanks again man,
Kind Regards, BundyFC - Brett  Cool
BundyFC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 06:58:34 PM »

PS,
Rain stoped for a bit, so i just ripped out and pulled wheels off, all Brakes are new / reco includeing the main brake lines as well, man i'm rapt,thsi car has been a great score!!

Kind Regards, BundyFC - Brett Cool
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 12:18:13 AM »

Hey Brett.
Sounds like the car is a good sound starting point.
You may even be cruising some time next year.
The car looks great, so how about telling us more about your plans.
stock v modified etc.
Regards
Alex

BundyFC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 10:09:37 AM »

Hay,
plans >
           # rear spats
           # slammed
           # bomb motor  ( should be great fun with the gray motor Grin )
           # Kustom Paint job ( scollops - lace roof ect... )
           # and hopefuly find a striper around the brissy area ( dash and tailgate needs lovin  Kiss )

so far that's the job ahead, but as we all know plans change but i'm faily well set on the job.

i was going to hit the roof but have my A-40 ute chopped already and am fiting the Bombed gray Motor in her at the moment.  Roll Eyes

so i'm looking for rear spats - headers ect.. and dress up goodies for bouth motors at the moment.

Kind Regards, BundyFC - Brett  Cool
ps, will be into the build as soon as this x-mass stuff is out the way,need to have it all knocked over by easter.  Shocked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: