FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 01:31:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC "Special" ute  (Read 15910 times)
tonyh

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2007, 02:21:58 AM »

Hi All,
          Just a few photos - I will up load some more when I get time. The first one is when we pulled her out of the farm shed at near Roma after 12+ years on blocks - 2 owners. 10+ years resto and two paint jobs ater are the last two.

Cheers, TonyH

Cheers, TonyH
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 03:21:53 PM »

Tony,

Thanks for posting the photos. The ute looks real sharp, you must be very pleased with it.

You've probably seen pics of John W's ute from the Vic club. It also has the Special treatment, and in similar colours. They'd look great side by side.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 07:52:19 PM »

Wow, great looking ute.

The 'N' in the number plate must stand for Nice, Neat or New (or maybe all of these).  I assume you've seen Harry's ute (Toowoomba) with the Special treatment?

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
tonyh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 09:02:44 PM »

Hi all, yes Ret I am very happy with the final outcome (it has been a long time coming with a lot of heartbreaks – but we all know about those) and after a small drive (unfinished with no windows) I can't believe how good it drives, steers and stops as everything has been replaced or rebuilt so I can't wait to get it finished to go for a decent drive. I only recently saw photos of John's ute - looks great - they could be twins.
Thanks for the complements Shane and I guess all three match – I was just trying to get close to the plate for the era, my mum had an Fe and the number plate was NFQ 624, I have got some photos of it and I will upload them after I scan them etc. I don't know Harry's ute - are there any photos on site?
Cheers, TonyH.  Smiley Smiley Wink Grin

Cheers, TonyH
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 07:32:38 PM »

Very nice ute Tony,how did you do the rear stainless strips,as these would normally be two pieces?Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 09:41:04 PM »

Cool Ute Tony One day we might out number the sedans with our Ute's . Has anyone ever thought of a one piece rear windscreen for a Ute??....... FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
tonyh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 10:49:08 PM »

Hi all,
Jamie the left strip is a shortened right hand strip - so no joins - and the right side I overlapped the two strips about 1mm - just enough so you have to look for it. I have been told since I fitted them that the stainless repair guys can weld them together and you can't tell - something for the future maybe.
FC427, I have never seen one and I suppose the glass guys can make it but I don't know if I would like to try and fit it - I guess they made it in 3 pieces for a reason.

These photos are of my Mums Fe that they bought off Cottees with low miles- it was a ex reps car -which was rare as they usually only got business sedans not specials - it also had a camping conversion done on the front seat, which you moved the seat forward and with a pull on a lever the back of the seat would drop down to make a full size level bed. It was two tone green.
Cheers TonyH

Cheers, TonyH
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 11:08:31 PM »

Very cool photos.Love the sag .....

FantaC

loose nut

https://www.facebook.com/
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 10:39:30 PM »

That looks Kool
has anyone done the trim thing to a van ?

FantaC Customs
tonyh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 12:37:07 AM »

Hi All, Just thought I would post some more photos.

Ready to weld in a donor fuel tank boot/floor out of a written off FC Van from Stanthorpe

All welded in - the rotisserie made life easy

Just before I had to take off the 9 coats of acrylic after it all crazy cracked

Close up of the cracks -- heartbraking !!!!!!

Under bonnet shot twin carbs,headers,alternator(air cond unit is below)

Light blue  2 Pack on

Dark blue  2 pack on

Bonnet up showing louvers - Peter the panel beater/painter lost finger tips on these!

More soon, TonyH

Cheers, TonyH
tonyh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 10:14:54 PM »

Outside to warm up before fitting new windscreen ans tinted rear windows

Windscreen in  Grin Grin

Rear windows in  Grin Grin

Cheers, TonyH
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 07:39:09 PM »

Nice work Tony.I just worked out how you did the stainless strips (I'm a bit slow),I forgot about the fuel filler and was thinking the strip had to go all the way from the flash to the tailights!Keep up the photos,not far off now.

tonyh

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 10:27:15 PM »

Getting close now, only a small list to finish. Cheesy Have to wait to put the rear floor in because when I was finishing up the rear wiring I checked the sender - catus - had to remove and get it rebuilt - will be ready in a bit over a week. Finished assembling the doors only to find a couple of handles the splines were u/s so found some good second hand ones and when we go to the USA I will buy new Chevy ones. Here's a couple more photos after her first bath.

Have had to send my NFC-059 number plates back as the paint was falling off - should be back in 2 weeks.
Cheers, tonyh Wink

Cheers, TonyH
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 03:30:02 AM »

Ya know, forget the spears - send the whole ute over!!

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
tonyh

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 01:29:30 AM »

Well I've done it  Cheesy - finally  Roll Eyes - It's been a very long drawn out process but -the ute is registered and done nearly 100 miles and other than a partly blocked main jet in one of carbies it's running perfectly.  Grin

I thought it would be good to drive because all the old Holdens I had years ago were worn out and this ute has had everything rebuilt from the ground up but I can't believe how good it is and an absolute joy to drive. I can't get the smile off my face. Grin Grin  The great reaction from the general public was something I wasn't prepaired for, from old people that remembered "the old days" to younger people giving a wave and thumbs up. I think I am going to enjoy this car.
It does make all the hard times and the pain worthwile. Smiley
I contacted the old owners tonight and they were as happy as I am the "Tilly" is back on the road.

See Ya on the road somewere,
Cheers, Tony H

Cheers, TonyH
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 08:33:21 AM »

Well done, what a great ute you have.

Looks great in the pictures, would love to see it one day. Are you going to Orange?

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 09:07:39 AM »

The ute looks great, an you will get looks and comments from people everywhere you go...

Looks like he Nationals are going to become a ute muster!!!!

Bring it on.

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 11:46:18 AM »

nice one Tony, like the air cleaner, did you make it?
Good to see it on the road at last, happy trails
Gary
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 02:52:26 PM »

Great looking Ute Tony. Can you show us more of the Air Con under dash and engine bay? Does it slow the old gery down much? Well done, better than new.
Cheers,
Graham
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 04:22:36 PM »

Very nice ute mate a job well done. Louvering not my cup of tea but very nice indeed

Golden Holdens FE-FC
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: