FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:29:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: It has begun,but will it continue...?  (Read 423371 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2009, 10:15:31 PM »

Hi All,just a few more update pics although nothing too exciting.

Hole where the fresh air heater came through the firewall

Gone

HiFill primer applied

Motor/engine out of front end

Mocked up the bits and pieces I have collected for the engine,also have a remote oil filter not shown

Original K frame stripped

Not good,in fact the whole frame is like this.

This K frame is from another car and is in very good nick.Will make one good one from the two (yes I've thought about chassis numbers and it will still be Grandpas Axe  Wink )

Something interesting I found while removing this K frame,the front brake lines had been removed from the brake splitter block and the fittings had been soldered up and put back in.Would have made it fun to drive?
More soon.Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2009, 10:58:38 PM »

Progressing nicely Jamie.
Always nice to get some new colour on, even if it is just hifill.
Regards
Alex

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2009, 12:28:37 AM »

Great work Jamie, I noticed you cleaned up the "doggie land mines" before taking the photos  Wink

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2009, 07:46:20 AM »

nice one Jamie,
always looking forward to reading the next instalment.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2009, 10:05:18 AM »

Hey Jamie - wrong attitude!  Angry  Any progress is exciting!  Cheesy  Wink 

Keep up the good work!

NosFEratu
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2009, 08:26:48 PM »

Back again.Thanks for all the encouraging comments,they are appreciated.Have spent a bit of time this week and last working on the black FC in between study.I had my final practical exam on Tuesday and passed so am now a qualified electrician.Have the front end apart and some bits ready for paint.The main crossmember,springs and wishbones will go away for sandblasting soon.Also spent all day today filling the lead fill joins on the shell and repriming as they didn't fill quite how I thought they would with Hi-Fill.They have come up a treat using Wurth polyester filler which can be applied over the Hi-Fill.I haven't put up any photos of that because you won't be able to see the difference.

Before starting

I can't believe how much crap builds up on these parts over the years...Mud,dirt and grease,what a combination!

I also did a bit of wet rubbing on the rocker cover to see how it would come up.Needs a lot more work but has shown promising signs.

More soon.Cheers,Jamie.

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2009, 09:12:16 AM »

Jamie, congrats on achieving your sparky certification.

keep the updates coming, what's Wurth Polyester filler.. spray filler?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2009, 09:40:49 AM »

Spray Polyester [spray bog] used when a hi fill application is required can get up to 1mm fill 2.5mm to 3.5mm  spraygun set up required to spray this product made by all the major paint Co.......FC427....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2009, 09:51:54 AM »

Jamie,

Congratulations on qualifying as an electrician, Well Done! Great to see you are still sticking with it. I get a lot of enjoyment finding an oxidised piece of aluminium, such as our tappet cover and slowly see it come up like new, gives one a good feeling.

Do you think that you will make it to Orange?

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2009, 07:14:46 PM »

Thanks for the comments guys.Ed,the filler is still a two part filler  in a tub like bog but is really fine and as I mentioned ,can be put over (scuffed up) paint.It has virtually no shrink back and claims to have fewer pinholes (I can't see any at all).Easy to sand and leaves a great finish.I used it on the rear lead fill sections (C pillar top and bottom and on the top by the taillights).Hope to get more done this weekend so stay tuned.

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2009, 08:10:22 PM »

Sorry Keith,forgot to answer your question.I hope to make it to Orange.It is amazing how things change.I had full intentions of having this car ready for this years GM day (late March).That was before the little fella was born....No doubt there are plenty of stories like this.All I can work on is doing a little bit each week and I'll get there.Orange gives me something to strive for. Roll Eyes

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »

Hi all.As you may have seen,I have been very quite over the last couple months as I have been saving up some cash to get the rest of my sandblasting done.Here's some more photos and will be more to come shortly.Also blasted was the front crossmember and components along with the bonnet,bonnet catch panels and a few other bits and pieces.As you can see I made one good one out of two.One from an FE had good Y frames but was rusty otherwise.The original FC one was good every where else but very rusty Y frames and front section.It took a few hours but was still easier to do this than cut out all the rust.I have also managed to maintain the original cha

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2009, 07:18:19 PM »

Well that was handy...Something happened half way through my post so I went back to edit it and after adding the photos it said my time had run out. Huh Ok, so as I was saying...I managed to maintain my original chassis number doing it this way.Have a few little bits of rust to cut out but not a lot.

Started off with these two,

Split the two,

Ended up with this.More very soon.Cheers,Jamie.

sexyfc

John greco
View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2009, 07:18:55 AM »

Doin really well there jamie

Project started 16/01/08.
earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »

I am constantly amazed at the attention to detail and amazing work going into this build, keep it up it is an inspiration!

Matt
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2009, 05:15:54 PM »

Nice work Jamie, looks like a much easier way to do it.
                                       Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2009, 10:29:23 PM »

Again Jamie, any progress is good progress.  We all experience different priorities throughout different stages of our lives.  Looking forward to seeing the progress first hand in a couple of weeks time.   Smiley

Kathi

NosFEratu
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2009, 07:05:44 PM »

Well the last two days have been very productive and I managed to get all the rust cut out of the subframe,then the two pieces welded together as well as the whole thing re-primed then in Hi-Fill.

Had a couple bits to attend to first...

Then welded up and trial fit...

Then Hi-Fill.Will be painting the Fire wall before fitting the subframe up for good.I know it goes against originality but I think I have decided to paint the firewall and the engine bay in the Hi Gloss the same as the rest of the car.As I said,not an original look but other than that can anyone suggest why I shouldn't?I just think it will blend the whole thing together better,being a Gloss Black car and not being concourse original and all.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2009, 07:22:17 PM »

G'day Jamie, nice neat bit of welding there, what matters is how you feel about how your car looks, you're not building it to please someone else, there will always be someone that likes what you do and others who don't so don't stress about it, do what makes you happy Cool.
                                             Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2009, 08:23:54 PM »

I know it goes against originality but I think I have decided to paint the firewall and the engine bay in the Hi Gloss the same as the rest of the car.As I said,not an original look but other than that can anyone suggest why I shouldn't?

No arguments from me Jamie!  Wink  Your car, your money = your decision!  Smiley

NosFEratu
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: