FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:46:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: It has begun,but will it continue...?  (Read 423289 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »

Hi all,here are some update pics of the diff cleaned,primed and painted.Have also done the springs,U-bolts,rubber mounts and have re-coed the rear cylinders.

More soon.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2008, 06:17:37 AM »

Well done Jamie,

Keep up the good work. Is that lowereing blocks I detect in the last photo? What are your plans for the suspension?

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2008, 10:11:16 AM »

Hi Jamie

You have certainly been a busy boy - keep up the good work.

Kathi 

NosFEratu
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2008, 05:10:12 PM »

Just a bit lower at this stage Keith..... Wink  Grin

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2008, 08:56:37 PM »

Hi all.Now I know it's not much but at the moment time is precious and my spring rubbers arrived today so I've managed to get them fitted and get the diff ready for installation.As mentioned in another post,I have also found time to repair the rust that I was previously unable to get to as it was underneath the rear mount of the rotisserie.Will be putting the mount back on in the next few days,after which I will be painting the underside of the car then installing the diff.Then the fun begins!

More soon.Cheers,Jamie.

waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2008, 08:03:46 PM »

how can you have a new born baby and actually get time for this aswell?
you are a true champion.

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2008, 09:58:19 PM »

Luckily,he sleeps...I have learned that although he still requires a lot of attention,in between checking on him while he sleeps I can utilise the time efficiently.Every little bit counts and while before I had large blocks of time,now I have to space it out a bit.The thing I have to prepare myself for is when the routine changes..... Roll Eyes Grin

DAN83

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2008, 09:53:26 PM »

WOW, i just read this whole thread, start to finish consider me inspired, although i would never be able to do the work you have done, top job mate cant wait to see more.

Im now searching for an FE-FC haha, my wifes gunna kill me:)
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2008, 10:14:41 PM »

Never say never Dan,it is not hard for anyone to do what I have done and I believe there is no harm in giving it a crack.I have made mistakes too and learned from them.It's a matter of starting off small and developing your skills so that when you do make a mistake,it doesn't cost you a fortune  Grin.I have started painting underneath the car this week so more updates soon.

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2008, 06:41:26 PM »

Hi All.It's been a while and needless to say progress has been Slooooowww!I have now accepted the fact that any progress,is progress and have adopted an old catch phrase "seize the day!".Today was a pretty good day and I managed to get a fair bit done.After much deliberation and acknowledging many valued opinions on the subject,I decided to paint the underside in sound deadener and while I can appreciate that not everone likes this stuff I do not regret my decision.It has given a nice tidy finish and with the help of the Sikaflex has sealed all the joins nicely.I have also installed all (except "B" pillar) mounting plates for the seat belts.Once the paint has dried,I'll be putting the diff back in.

Mounting plates cut,rounded,smoothed and tapped (7/16 UNF)

Front plates mounted in tailshaft tunnel

Rear parcel shelf mounts

Underside painted

Front plates after painting almost look factory...

Rear lower plates

Rear outer lower plates in wheel well.More soon.Cheers,Jamie.

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2008, 07:15:34 PM »

Well done Jamie,

What a great job you are doing, keep up the great work. You must have the scent of "Orange" in the air Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2008, 09:45:32 PM »

First class work as always Jamie, just keep up the momentum.

stock

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2008, 05:56:06 PM »

Hiya Poodge,

glad to see the wee fella isn't slowing you down too much!! Love your progress!!

Don't forget to put child restraint ancors through the parcel shelf if you're going to take the whole family out in it, particularly when the new child seat laws come into place in SA.

Looking forward to catching you guys for chrissy sometine soon!!

TR
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 06:01:37 PM by stock » Logged

Yes Officer..........I assure you that this roller bearing turbo and fuel injection were, in fact, factory fitted in 1961!!!
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2009, 10:20:51 PM »

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you all.Now I'm not entirely sure why,but over the last couple weeks I have wasted whatever spare time I have had trying to make the Rares sill panels look a bit straighter  Huh as they come with some pretty nasty press marks in odd places.I think I have achieved that much but they are by no means perfect.A mate came around the other night and pointed out "I wouldn't waste too much time on them,they weren't too good from the factory...".Fair point but I doubt they were as bad as the ones I have.Anyway they do look a bit better.Hard to tell from the photos.I was going to put the diff back in ages ago but it is easier to work on the sills while it's on the rotisserie.Will start on the rear quarters next.Sorry it's not much.More soon.

Cheers,Jamie.

stock

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2009, 10:42:32 PM »

A mate came around the other night and pointed out "I wouldn't waste too much time on them,they weren't too good from the factory...".Fair point but I doubt they were as bad as the ones I have.

Just went and checked a couple of BIW's............ Don't reckon they leave the factory with sills any better now than the finish you've acheived on yours!! (which, by the way is outstanding compared to the off tool finish of the rare spares ones!!)

Yes Officer..........I assure you that this roller bearing turbo and fuel injection were, in fact, factory fitted in 1961!!!
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2009, 08:08:19 PM »

We popped into Jamie's place today and met the man behind the avatar. Aside from being a nice bloke to talk to his shed is extremely organised and he's been doing a great job on his car.  So thanks for the time today Jamie and we wish you well for the rest of the build.  Cheesy

Kathi and John

NosFEratu
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2009, 08:39:22 PM »

It was a pleasure to meet you guys today especially considering you were bearing gifts which are greatly appreciated (and the price was right  Grin).I have now finished both sills and am going to spend some time on the rear quarters.More soon.Cheers,Jamie.

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2009, 11:00:44 PM »

I know,I know...It's seems like forever since I last posted but I wanted to have at least something worth posting.I have been on afternoon shift cover at a local winery,so that means if I can drag my lazy arse out of bed at a reasonable time I can get a bit done on the FC.Here's a little bit more...

Slot cut for upper seat belt mount,

Plate cut drilled and tapped,

Plate inserted using a piece of threaded rod,

Plate welded in place,

Hole welded up.

Drivers side quarter smoothed,

Passenger side done.

Hi-Fill primer applied,

NOS shackle kits,

Diff in.We are about to build another house so bear with me on the progress shots.The upside...A new shed,lot's bigger...Stay tuned.Cheers,Jamie.

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2009, 06:27:34 PM »

Jamie,

Well done, I see that you have still been hard at it Cheesy I thought that maybe with the addition of the young one that you might have been slowed down a bit.

Obviously not Wink

Great to see the good work continue Grin

Maybe soon we will see the car in the new garage at the new house.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2009, 08:05:34 PM »

Thanks Keith,I've still been trying to dedicate a bit of time each week to working on it.The afternoon shift has helped a lot.Want to get the rest of the panels finished now as in the bonnet and front guards as most of the others are finished.More very soon.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: