FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:29:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: It has begun,but will it continue...?  (Read 423294 times)
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2008, 04:12:20 PM »

Why does a good tradesman make it look far easier than it realy is Huh
Now if that was me tryin all those repairs  ......well Roll Eyes

Keep up the great work, and the good posts Jamie

regards
Weddo
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2008, 05:30:46 PM »

Great work Jamie, I'll have to drop by for a look one day.

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2008, 07:31:19 PM »

Thanks for all the great comments guys.Whenever you want to have a look Glenn just let me know.Weddo,as mentioned in the "crossmember fabrication" post I did,I am actually a Electronic technician and am doing my second year of adult apprenticeship in Electrotechnology (Electrician) but have always loved metal fabrication but have never done any "official" training apart from high school (I built a racekart frame)...Have done a bit more on Black FC this week including removing both inner and outer passenger side sill panels.Got a couple of small repairs to do before the inner sill goes back on.Might have to work this weekend,but if I don't I will hopefully be starting the floor sections on the passenger side.More soon.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2008, 10:23:17 PM »

Hi Jamie

Wow our cars really are the prince and the pauper of non-identical twins.  Mine had a pretty good life right from scratch and when it got rebuilt it had less than a palm-full of rust in the entire car and it had never travelled a dirt road.  Yours well, what can I say, I think it had maybe a winky bit more rust than mine and maybe it had never travelled a sealed road!  Wink

The red and black interior looks great and you just have to consider wide whites against the black paint - they look soooooo good!  Cheesy (yep I'm biased)

What are your plans - resto, mini mod/classic custom, or major modifications? 

Keep up the good work!  We'll go cruizin' one day and knock everyone's eyes out!  Shocked Shocked

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2008, 11:40:25 PM »

Thanks Kathi,and you are right in saying that I don't think my car has been all that well looked after during it's life with regards to the dirt roads.What you probably can't see is that every thing from the floor up is in pretty good nick (except the front guards,that mud thing again...) including being very straight.Most of the hanging panels are spotless.The chrome is also in fantastic condition with the exception of a small ding in the front bumper.It was after seeing the photos of your car that Stinky posted on one of my other posts (Red or white walls/stripe) that I saw how good the white walls look on black cars.The plans are to keep this car quite stock while using the twin carb Warneford manifold and Speco twin exhaust manifolds,alloy rocker cover,remote oil filter,scratch plates,Air Chief radio,wider steelies with original caps and Smiths gauges.More pics soon.Cheers,Jamie.

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2008, 07:33:54 AM »

Hi Jamie

At least you had some good wins with the rust and the condition of the rest of the body and chrome.  The trim looked in pretty good nick too.   

I must say, a man after my own heart with your plans - looks like it's a really nice little custom classic in the making.  Cheesy

Looking forward to some more pics of its progress.

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2008, 07:50:54 PM »

Hang in there guys....more photos soon.Cheers,Jamie.

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2008, 11:29:35 PM »

Back again with more pics.

Passenger side inner sill out....

New inner sill in....

Bit of bracing added to mantian alignment of B pillar...

Extra gusset added where the new inner sill meets the bulkhead...

More rust repairs...

done...

other side done....

Front passenger side floor out...

New floor in...

Back passenger side out...

new floor in...

All floor basically done,just a few bits to tidy up.Start on the rear quarters in the next few days hopefully then back on it's wheels!More soon,Jamie.

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2008, 03:15:38 PM »

Good progress Jamie - we'll be able to cruise in no time!  Cool

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2008, 07:57:45 PM »

Hi Jamie
Thought I would bump your rebuild as its been a few weeks since we received an update.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2008, 06:42:19 PM »

Thanks Jim.It has been a slow few weeks as far as Black FC goes due to me having my final exam (capstone) for my electrical apprenticeship so I had to spend a week studying and a week of review at trade school.Anyway,I passed with 82.5% so now I can get on with the FC again.Got two weeks holiday starting tomorrow but unfortunately first week taken up by painting the rest of the house inside Doh!Hopefully will be spending the whole of next week finishing the outer sills and rear quarters then back on it's wheels.That will be an exciting day!I am pleased to see that you guys are still checking up on me.Sorry for not having any new photos at this stage.I have four months and one week to get it finished before life as I know it will undoubtedly change forever....(another exciting day)I'm sure you can work the rest of that statement out for yourself. Wink More pics real soon so hang in there.Cheers,Jamie. Smiley

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2008, 11:06:29 PM »

Hi Jamie
There are only two reasons that a mans life would change for ever.

before life as I know it will undoubtedly change forever..

1.    Marriage, Is the obvious choice, but really it just the process of life, every boy becomes a man and eventually needs his own wife to do the thing a wife does.
      Washing
      Ironing
      Food, and
      Entertainment

2.   The second is from taking the entertainment factor a little to serious, creating pregnancy, baby, bills, poverty and many years of love and joy.

I also have 4 months 1 week and 3 days (12 Nov) until our nearly 14 year DINK life style changes.

Cheers Jim

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2008, 11:17:15 PM »

Step one, tick...step two....tick....Wish me luck!And congrats to you too mate. Wink

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2008, 09:47:30 PM »

Well,this is my second week of holidays and unfortunately the progress on Black FC has been slow (did a lot of driving around today).Here's a couple pics of what has happened so far this week.Got the repair done on the passenger side lower dog leg and mounted drivers side doors so as to set the outer sill panel gaps.Looks good with doors on,pitty the have to come off again. Embarrassed It is amazing how much time gets burnt up in simple things like spending about 3 hours wire wheeling all the crap off the door hinges and bolts.More soon.Cheers Jamie.

Big piece of rust cut out...

New patch made up...

And fitted...

collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2008, 12:20:23 AM »

Hey Jamie,
love ya work mate Cheesy, i ve had a chance to see this first hand and its as good as it looks,
its a credit to you.it will continue.......
cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2008, 08:58:04 AM »

Jamie
Thanks for the update, she ill be like a new car by the time you finish. Keep up the great work it will be well worth all the effort once you finish.

Cheers Jim

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2008, 09:34:22 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys.It's gonna have to continue,I've spent too much bloody time on it to give up now....The thing that occurred to me the other day which sometimes you forget is that as you mentioned Jim,the car will be like new when it's done.Obviously not quite new but at least there will be (no.... Roll Eyes)very little rust left in it (there will always be some,somewhere).What I mean is that all the work you put is not immediately evident,but down the track it will pay off.I have the drivers outer sill in position and tacked on.Hope to have some more photos for you in the next couple days.Cheers,Jamie.

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2008, 08:09:03 AM »

Nice work Jamie, and nice shed, what's covered up in the background?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »

Hey Ed,do you mean the bike or the car?You've seen the BSA,the car is a one owner FJ standard sedan.

I also picked up this little gem yesterday of which there is not a lot left but I need the steering column and a few other bits for the next project.....down the track....one at a time..

Cheer,Jamie.

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2008, 11:15:13 AM »

This is looking like a very comprehensive rebuild Jamie, keep at it, starting to take shape!
Regards Gary

PS are you going to use the Auto front floor & hump from the EK for your next project?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: