FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:29:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: It has begun,but will it continue...?  (Read 423372 times)
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 24, 2011, 06:13:26 PM »

Lots of nice neat little tricks here, the gauges look fantastic mate... Glad it passed the smoke test, if you want some more wiring to tackle feel free to wander over my way...  Grin Grin

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 24, 2011, 08:18:13 PM »

Jamie,
   I assume your using the original wiring, as i just read another one of your threads, funny enough i was in conversation on the weekend regarding the white wire from the column , and as you have realise it was only for the FE combo rear tail lights, which i was interested in, as i have to reconnect all my electric spaghetti at some stage.

so glad to have helped hehehehehe  Tongue Tongue Tongue

still re-reading this thread Jamie, 2 coffee's later and im not even close to half way through, it's nearly about as long as the work you have put into it...  Shocked  inspiring and thankx for taking the time to fill us in on thr hints and skills and also all the other members' input to.

your doin such gr8 work, beyond my experience, so it's gr8 to sit and look at a master craft look easy, knowing how hard it really is for ppl like me, im just glad my rust was all done before it lived in my garage

keep goin mate, it's beta than a Street Mag read !!   Tongue Tongue

" Have A Great Holden ( FE ) Day !! "  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 25, 2011, 05:55:22 PM »

Looks like someone else has got the stickers up and running on this forum

http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,19222.0/topicseen.html

well as long as it all helps the FE/FC car owners i'm all smiles   Grin

thankx for the email Kathi

FE 4 ME   Cheesy

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 25, 2011, 08:11:28 PM »

Hey, I was wondering if you have a longer term vision for this car, like what sort of motor are u going to run mate and also have you changed your mind much through the build. I was actually thinking, with my newly aquired fc black taxi with same interior as yours, i was thinking of going for a flat black look to make it look like a "ratty taxi"....I think I heard of that somewhere  Cheesy

Not sure what that would look like with the chrome though. What do you think, I would like your thoughts as you have just seen what colours look like in the flesh.

I could go back to the 2 tone ascot grey but the whole point is bringing it back to a taxi. I like some of the models that have only black quarters and guards and the rest white but it was a different company. have you seen my pics and links on my taxi build site, so good old pics of black cars. see how some have a white strip on the roof  Cheesy

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 25, 2011, 11:40:57 PM »

Looking good Jamie.

I like the pop up gauges in the ashtray!

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
BLOK

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 25, 2011, 11:47:37 PM »

Your doing a fantastic job there Jamie it realy does look good
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 26, 2011, 12:08:56 PM »

Thanks all.Hey Deano,it's your car so I'd suggest you do what ever you like.Going by what you have previously written,you were trying to keep the "theme" car original to Taxi form and the other a mild custom.My Black FC is an original all black car with Fall red and Black interior and was not a Taxi as I know of it's history.It was completely reconditioned (Engine,rubbers,steering etc) prior to being taken on holiday to Darwin back in the late 70's then was purchased by the last owner before being put in the shed for the last 30 years or so.Probably explains why it had so much mud everywhere as I expect there would not have been as many sealed roads back then.When I got the car,I got it going and took it for a drive around the block and could not believe how well it steered and handled.Steering box is solid as a rock with no play in it at all.Should be even better now as the whole front and rear ends have been rebuilt using NOS everthing.Bought all new master and slave cylinders for it yesterday and have now made up most of the new brake lines.At the end of the day,it's your car/s and you have to be happy with them so go with that.I have tried to make the Black FC "reasonably" close to original.Will be a little lower than standard,slightly wider wheels with original caps and the Grey motor with twins and Speco exhaust manifolds.Only upgrades as you can see are the electric wipers and the heater but these are all Period accessories.More soon,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 26, 2011, 05:27:35 PM »

Thanks mate. Perhaps I could try to find some sort of black primer and see what that looks like in a flatter tone, that may be the go.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 26, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »

Thanks mate. Perhaps I could try to find some sort of black primer and see what that looks like in a flatter tone, that may be the go.
SPRAY CHIEF make a black Epoxy  2k primer satin finish and can be top coated with either 2k or acrylic lacquer ....FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 27, 2011, 09:06:15 AM »

Thats good to know fe428  Cheesy, so is that primer going to stick to whetever is underneath too, say if a car is a bit all over the place (just for future reference if I go a good guard or somethjing) is that epoxy stuff not going to bubble and carry on?

Deano

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 27, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »

Thats good to know fe428  Cheesy, so is that primer going to stick to whetever is underneath too, say if a car is a bit all over the place (just for future reference if I go a good guard or somethjing) is that epoxy stuff not going to bubble and carry on?
fcwithc3po Grin  If your surface  preporation  is done properly no problems .......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 27, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »

Jamie,
   your work and skill is amazing and inspirational..... gr8 to see your skills at work..inspiring me to go out there and get some old panels and get to work and practise

keep your very skilled work coming, im sure it's helping and informing many of us on here....

you prove nothing is impossible when you push through it......  or if your part owner in BHP and BOC   Grin Roll Eyes Cheesy Grin

Gr8 work mate !!

" Have A Great Holden ( FE ) Day !! "   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

FE 4 ME

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 27, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »

Thanks fc427, ill put that into the ole memory bank....til i forget doh  Cheesy. I think all the paint info is great for the point that this project is at. Its great to see someone have a go at all the aspects of a build, even if its not your strong point....very inspirational.

Deano

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 28, 2011, 06:15:03 PM »

Bit more done today.New brake master and slave cylinders all round.Made up new lines as well just to be sure.Also managed to get the first of the base coats on the drivers front guard.

More soon.Jamie.

JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 28, 2011, 06:21:30 PM »

Nice!

So you have found the brake lines easy to do?

How much is it per metre? Do the end caps cost much also?

JB

Phone +64 223509263
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 28, 2011, 06:53:16 PM »

Hey JB,I wouldn't say the lines were easy to do.Took a bit to get the tools working correctly and made a couple small mistakes but learned pretty quick.The tubing was about $4 a metre and the tube connectors about $2 each.Not sure which end caps you mean but if you are talking about the slave cylinder rods,these are my originals just cleaned and painted.The cylinders come as bare items with all internals and no rods.Jamie.

dianne

Dianne Hyland
View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 28, 2011, 07:50:19 PM »

same with my fc, i had a lot of rust as well, replaced the floor panels, re fabricated the whole back under the boot (where alot of the rust starts) i agree with the other guys be patient and you will get there, expecially if you know what your'e doing. Cant wait to see the end result i think they look good in black and as you know the body has to be dead straight.. good luck and look forward to seeing more pics.. Smiley

Dianne
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 17, 2011, 08:53:29 PM »

Rebuilding the motor at the moment or at least giving it a brief freshen up.Picked up a brand new cam with alloy timing gear at a local swapmeet today.Was tagged "Holden grey motor 1/4 race".Still haven't verified it's authenticity.

More soon.

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 17, 2011, 09:20:10 PM »

actually..........if its not what u want later would make a good dunny role holder.  Cheesy

Nice work.

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 22, 2011, 09:36:28 PM »

Hey Jamie, what colour red is that on the inner doors, colour, is acrylic with clear or what sort of paint is it. See on the taxi build, the interior colour, do you think the red you have would go with my interior? Don't just say 'its up to you' I want your opinion  Smiley

Deano

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: