FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:21:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: It has begun,but will it continue...?  (Read 423395 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 04, 2011, 06:08:59 PM »

Thanks all and thanks Ed,I'll go and scrape some out from under the guards on my Rodeo and give that a try.....hehehehe... Tongue Roll Eyes

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: March 04, 2011, 09:36:47 PM »

Just make sure you sieve out the bigger rocks out from the under guard clay Jamie Wink.

You mustn't have too far to go now, it's looking great.

Dean.
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 04, 2011, 10:40:54 PM »

Thanks Dean.I keep going back to your thread and thinking how cool the "Ratty Taxi" would be if you could get it on the road looking like it does in your pictures.The reality is that it is hard to get a car straight back on the road from straight out of a shed as there is normally a lot of hidden rust in the chassis sections etc.I would have loved to have just registered my Black FC and driven as is.Lucky I didn't,it would have broke in half at the first bump.....

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 15, 2011, 08:59:09 PM »

Bit more done over the last few days....

Engine bay cleaned again,

Front loom,repaired and installed.Was in really good nick so I just stripped off all the tape,added some extra wires for the electric wiper motor then retaped the whole thing.

Hard to believe this is the original dash surround,it looks like new!

After some handy tips from another Black sedan driver I managed to install the new lettering on my gauges.Big thankyou Kathi,they look great!!!!!Pity I couldn't get them perfectly straight but not too noticeable...

Not bad for mostly 50 plus year old parts,managed to find the original switch for the wiper motor which all fits perfectly and looks original.

more soon.

fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 15, 2011, 09:14:42 PM »

That looks awesome. Nothing like an unscratched engine bay.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 15, 2011, 09:27:05 PM »

It all looks great Jamie Grin  and funnily enough, it looks all very familiar!  Wink

Glad we could help out, if only in a little way.  Smiley

NosFEratu
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 15, 2011, 09:53:51 PM »

You've helped out in a huge way!Don't be deceived by the photo,there are plenty of scratches in that engine bay already but I'm learning to deal with them.  Undecided

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 15, 2011, 09:57:48 PM »

Jamie,

Your car looks great, I can't wait to see it in the flesh. Not too far to go now!

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 15, 2011, 10:54:41 PM »

Jamie
Don't be too concerned about the letters, they were never straight from factory and moved with time anyway.
Where did you get the decals?
Car is looking great.
Regards
Alex

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 16, 2011, 07:45:17 PM »

Thanks Alex,Kathi organised the labels from a guy that has a shop at the Brick Works markets here in Adelaide I believe.Is that right Kathi?

snuff69

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 16, 2011, 09:02:04 PM »

Car is looking great Jamie, but like Kathi I may be a bit biased. Dave
ekute

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 16, 2011, 09:46:57 PM »

Looks awesome!
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »

Thanks Alex,Kathi organised the labels from a guy that has a shop at the Brick Works markets here in Adelaide I believe.Is that right Kathi?

correct Jamie - I worked out the right font style, sizes and exact spacings for each gauge then did multiples of them on a page before e-mailing them to the computer sticker guy and getting them printed back to front (so that the sticky side sticks to the inside of the gauge glass). I got half an A4 page printed and it cost me about $2 for each set and gave my spares to a few people to help with their projects.  Wink 

I think I've still got the template document at work - I'll check tomorrow.  If I've still got it I'm more than happy to forward it to anyone who wants it.  Smiley

Kathi

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 17, 2011, 08:00:54 PM »

Sorry Jamie - not trying to move in on your thread.......

I do have the gauge template document - so - if any one is wanting it sent to them please PM me. 

NosFEratu
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 17, 2011, 08:20:04 PM »

yeah,yeah,sure,sure Kathi...I believe ya....Thousands wouldn't. Grin But seriously,thanks again. Wink

FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 24, 2011, 01:52:17 PM »

Great Thread Jamie,

your work is top grade and that engine bay is something you must sit back when you take a break with a coffee and be proud of the commitment and hard work that shows and has paid off.... thankx for the inspiration and info to help me ( and all of us ) along... that shine inside the engine sparkles almost more than polished chrome

well done, i will be following your progress

Kathi PM Sent..Thankx in advance

" Have a Great Holden ( FE ) Day !! "  Grin Grin Grin

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 24, 2011, 03:30:17 PM »

Thanks FE 4 ME and thanks all for the comments and encouragement.The hardest part of the whole rebuild has been staying focused,committed and enthusiastic.Some days you look at the car and think "man there's still so much to do" and other days you just get straight in there and do it.I'm on afternoon shift for vintage (or what vintage there is...) so I have made a little more progress.Have got the whole dash in (except for the plumbing on the heater and the glove box),connected and running including the extras I have installed like the heater,radio and electric wipers and so far with the exception of a couple of blown globes it all works.I have installed orange globes in the back for the indicators as the lenses I have installed are clear and they work a treat.Have now started on the brakes.

More soon.

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 24, 2011, 03:40:16 PM »

Sorry again Jamie (but it really is your fault  Wink)

I’ve had a few enquiries about the gauge template and I need to clarify exactly what it is just in case people think I have a nice little stock of stickers to give away.  Any spares that I did have were given away a while ago and I’m not getting anymore made up as I don’t have a need for them.

What I am offering to give to people is a “Word” document that is effectively a template for you to give (electronically) to someone who does computer cut stickers. I’ve already forwarded the document to a number of people with a suggestion that they “band together” and get a number of them done at the same time. 

I understand that one of the guys I sent it to was looking at getting some done – I will leave it up to him to decide if he wants to start another thread to see if anyone else is interested in joining in with him.  I’d also be quite happy for one of the Clubs to undertake a fundraising venture by getting a heap of stickers done and then on-selling them.

Sorry if anyone misinterpreted my earlier post and thought I had a heap of the actual stickers to give away.  Embarrassed

I’m still happy to receive PM’s from people wanting the document sent to them so they can organise for their own stickers to be made.  Smiley

Again, my apologies Jamie.  Kiss

NosFEratu
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 24, 2011, 03:57:45 PM »

Jamie, those gauges in the ashtray are just the ducks guts! Great stuff  Cool Cool Cool

(I'd copy your idea except I don't have an ashtray...)

cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 24, 2011, 05:19:08 PM »

Jamie those Gauges are very kool, i remember installing those gauges in my RX3 when i was very young, very kool, very retro, designed to last...so where's your lighter going to go for your GPS or Coffee warmer ?  Cheesy

Jamie are you running the original wiring or have you replace most of the wiring ??

Kathi, i understood it is a template your willing to share, thankx, i will get a price to print them out , see what i can do, as i do know a cheap printing company..but they do print in bulk or big orders....  to be honest it's such a gr8 idea to fund raise the profits Kathi... so i will talk to my other QLD FE/FC club members and see if this can be done for our club to grow, be good to pour the money back to the worthy..the QLD FE/FC Club are a gr8 bunch, I'm so glad i joined...and other QLD Forum friends i encourage you to join too !!  Shocked

Keep up the gr8 work Jamie, plenty of ideas

" Have a Great Holden ( FE ) Day !! "   Grin

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: