FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:18:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: It has begun,but will it continue...?  (Read 425356 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: December 16, 2010, 10:35:02 PM »

Hi all,thanks for all the comments.Unfortunately it has been a case of two steps forward and three back lately.As I mentioned earlier we were selling our house.Got it ready within two weeks and sold it two days after signing with the realestate agent,didn't even get to advertise it!Found a four bedroom rental with a 20x30 shed on it (room for all our cars).That was the two steps forward...Last week I had just started to get back into working on the FC when we were hit by a storm which involved 120mm of rain in 10hours and that was just a couple of downpours not 120mm of steady rain!!!We were lucky enough to not get any in the house (although it was very close,started coming in to the house garage but managed to get some sand bags just in time) but the shed was not so lucky.I can't begin to explain the feeling I had when I looked out the back of the house and saw the whole back yard under water knowing full well it was in my shed....When I opened the door the water didn't run in or out,it was already full and level with the back yard (was up to my knees on the way to the shed).Knowing the house was safe and not knowing how much higher it was going to get,I immediately started jacking up the FJ to put it on axle stands as it is far more important than the FC.My brother in law then brought down some more stands to put under the FC.It makes me realise what others have had to go through with floods and also how lucky we were to only lose a small amount.One of my grinders,my air compressor and my Dewalt cordless drill were all sitting on the floor and are all cactus along with a lot of other bits and pieces not worth claiming but as I said it could have been a lot worse.Needless to say,slopping around in other peoples Sh*t (literally)at 2.30 in the morning is not my idea of a good night.Anyway,I spent all day last Saturday shoveling and washing out the mud.I have made some progress and have got all the door locks and strikers installed and started on the glass as well as good progress on the front guards.

House sold

Fc on the move to the rental

Water!!This is not nearly as high as it got but the first chance I had to take photos..

Aftermath.More soon,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 16, 2010, 10:46:29 PM »

Not good! I'm glad mine is up in the sky now.
Have you got laid-up cover on the FC or the FJ?

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 16, 2010, 10:51:33 PM »

Yes but no money could replace the FJ.... Huh

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 16, 2010, 11:16:13 PM »

Geez Jamie talk about a step backwards. I hate having to clean my garage at the best of times, but to have to clean it up after a flood, would be heartbreaking.

I hope that everything comes out OK and the insurance covers most of your losses.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 16, 2010, 11:33:52 PM »

I feel for you Jamie.  Undecided  Hopefully all will be ok with them both in the long run.

NosFEratu
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: December 17, 2010, 12:55:59 AM »

What a bastard, hope the insurance will come to the party for you jamie. look on the bright side you get some new tools.

Dean.
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 17, 2010, 06:21:53 AM »

I hope this was a temporary move to this house not long term or you will need 2 hoists to get the old girls up in the air.

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 17, 2010, 08:14:03 AM »

unlucky Jamie,

at least you managed to keep them from irreparable damage.

I guess it will make the finished product that much sweeter.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 17, 2010, 08:35:07 AM »

Thanks guys,this is only temporary as we are building a new house and best of all a new 25' x 50' shed (all going well).Cheers,Jamie.

JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 17, 2010, 08:17:01 AM »

They are photo's I hope you never have to take again Jamie.

Hopefully your new shed is the first getting built just so the toys can move in and be safe from water damage.

JB

Phone +64 223509263
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 17, 2010, 10:01:41 AM »

That's the plan.No guarantees from the insurance yet as to if they will cover my tools.There are so many loopholes!!!! Angry

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 19, 2010, 07:38:50 PM »

Well,I managed to get both back doors done yesterday and I must say it was one of the more painfull jobs I've had to do mainly because I got the sequence all wrong.I cleaned all the windows I had in stock to find the best ones as I suspect the owner of the Black FC had kids who had damaged all of the rear windows with huge scratches on them including the rear screen.I found a good left rear window in  my double green sedan but after I got it out found it had no winder rail on the bottom and it was not in the door either???I have seen them come off before but where did it go?Weird.Anyway,I had to split the rail of the original glass then attach it to the better one.Not an easy job but turned out ok.If anyone was to try this I would suggest firstly be sure you are wearing Safety glasses AND a face shield and probably gloves (toughened glass generally doesn't like being unevenly heated) as I had to heat the rail with a heat gun to loosen the rubber then prise it off with a small screw driver.Anyway,worked fine.The sequence I came up with (not necessarily correct but worked) was, (1)put in quarter window,(2)place felt channel into rear guide upright and place loosely in the door location,(3)insert front felt channel into door,(4)install felt door belts to top of window opening (where glass comes trough)(5)install window glass into door and align into front and rear tracks then slide about halfway up,(6)put in top rivets on rear guide upright and wind out the adjuster screw on the bottom including the washer and nut,(7)put in top felt channel(8)install winder assembly then test.I've made it sound easier than it is and it took me a few goes to get this right as the rear guide upright has to be on an angle to get the glass in which means the top felt can't be in yet and I found it almost impossible to put in the door belt felts with the glass in the door so had to pull it all apart again including drilling out the rivets.

More soon. 

BLOK

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 03, 2011, 11:49:41 AM »

Fantastic build Jamie very inspiring
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 08, 2011, 05:24:42 PM »

Congrats. on the sale of the house Jamie, how's the new shed coming along, I imagine you'd be impatient to get your cars out of that swamp.
              Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2011, 10:07:48 PM »

Hi all.Well,it is incredible how quickly 3 months ticks by these days and unfortunately for all you loyal followers I don't really have anything massively exciting to show you.All I can say is that I have still been progressing albeit slowly.The only other unfortunate thing that has happened is our circumstanstances have changed dramatically and has forced me to have to...............................use second hand chrome parts instead of getting all my bits redone.I still need to spend a fair bit on the important stuff like brakes etc and I figured I can take off a lot of these bits (door handles,boot badge,headlight surrounds,bumpers) and get them done properly when I get a chance.Cash has been burnt up in other areas of our life at the moment and we have to move again so I want to get the Black FC finished (or at least drivable) before that happens.Here's what's been happening......

Some small bits painted ,some fitted.

Front window glass all disassembled,cleaned,painted,reassembled and fitted.I can't afford new windows so this will have to do although the flapping will probably drive me nuts....hehehehe....

Front guards repaired,redrilled,hi-filled and guide coated.In the last photo I used a laser level to project an accurate line down the front guard to lay out the trim holes.

This is one of my best boot badges with a new insert and will have to do for the time being.Will be blocking back and painting the guards soon and will provide some more updates then.Cheers,Jamie.

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 03, 2011, 10:32:07 PM »

Jamie,

Your car is looking great, sorry to hear that you have to move again and you have been having a tough time recently. As you say you can get the items rechromed at a later date. Keep at it, and keep us updated on your progress.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 03, 2011, 10:59:09 PM »

The plastic in the previous photos was so I could give the car a wash as it was covered in crap and potentially fine metal particles from sanding/grinding which have become airborne and landed on the car.With the dewy mornings now approaching,the last thing I wanted was the particles starting to rust on the paint.While I was chamoising the car off I thought the paint still felt quite gritty only to find that despite my best efforts it appears that there is a fine mist of what seems to be paint dust all over the car.I was pretty pi#$@d when I saw this but after a couple of nerve calming ales I tried some hand polish and it came off...phew!Whole car will need another good polish anyway once I'm done.

More soon.

BLOK

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 03, 2011, 11:42:10 PM »

Looks great Jamie glad the paint dust came offits good to have a win every now and then
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 04, 2011, 08:01:47 AM »

looks great Jamie - slowly but surely and you'll get there in no time  Smiley

NosFEratu
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd