FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:56:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • NSW V8 HCC Drive In BASS HILL: October 27, 2007
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: SYDNEY BASSHILL DRIVE INNS DRIVE IN NIGHT sat 27TH OCT-2007  (Read 6346 times)
GMH-O57(FLASH BACK 57)
nsw-club

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »

open to all makes an models
hosted by: N.S.W V8 HOLDEN CAR CLUB
time;gates open 6pm
mobile: 0414 454 060
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 04:01:20 PM by RET » Logged

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 10:44:56 PM »

I am told that this coming Saturday night is the final night for the Basshill drive in. Yes it is closing down for good to make way for housing.I am going any other takers?
Cheers,
Graham
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 11:54:07 PM »

How could you pass up the closing of the second last DRIVE IN left in Sydney it's a must for me FC427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 07:29:40 PM »

For those with an interest, there's a documentary on the ABC on Thursday 10th (tomorrow night), called "Drive-In Movie Memories". It gets a thumbs-up in the TV Guide (FWTW Roll Eyes), although it's not entirely clear whether it's Australian, American or British.

8:30 'til 9:35.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
rip_ute
vic-club

59 UTE and 59 S/W

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 10:06:25 PM »

Hi Ret. Did you watch this show?
I taped this show and i finely watched it today. It looked all American until i saw a FE/FC. Did you or anybody see it? Might be able to email you a photo. Cheers Peter.
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:07:19 PM »

if you can get a pic put it up, we might be able to see wich drive in its at.
 also, did bass hill close, i went a few years ago when i heard they were closing but they obviously didnt.
 even though they ar not real old, there should be some kind of heritage listing on whats left of the drive in's.
 we used to go to one in heddon greta wich was like closed down for years then re opened by a family, it had a bit more of a vintage feel than the local one here at blacktown and we didnt have to throw anyone in the boot becuase it was charged per car, not per person.

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 12:22:20 PM »

Bass Hill is now closed.
Cheers,
Graham
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 07:44:09 PM »

Hi Ret. Did you watch this show?
I taped this show and i finely watched it today. It looked all American until i saw a FE/FC. Did you or anybody see it? Might be able to email you a photo. Cheers Peter.

Yeah Pete, I did watch it, although like you it took me a week or two to get around to it. I saw the FC standard in it as well - actually the photo was used a couple of times during the show - but it must have just been a drive-in image the producers found somewhere. There wasn't anything else much specific about Australia, only a mention that Drive-Ins were popular here as well.

There was also a shot of a 48 series early on in the show.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 12:11:50 AM »

ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 09:25:13 AM »

have alook at the look on the guys face in the first pic, looks like someone's got there finger up his bum Shocked
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 01:59:52 PM »

have alook at the look on the guys face in the first pic, looks like someone's got there finger up his bum Shocked

the girl next to him looks guilty.. lol

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: