FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:53:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hayshed FC  (Read 132211 times)
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »

G'day Everyone,
                     just an update of what i have been up to with the FC. I painted the front end crossmember yesterday, so now i can start to put all the reco'ed parts i have already done together, on the fresh crossmember. Got my carbies, for the twin manifold, on Friday, so i am starting to set them up with linkages and rods. So progress is tsill being made. I haven't been taking too many photos lately but i will tonight and put them up as soon as i can.
Cheers Scott
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2009, 10:29:35 AM »

About time we saw some pics Scotty!!!

Need to catch up, I am not sure what is happening with the Nats yet.

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2009, 11:11:31 AM »

Front end is all back together and back in the car. i replaced all the firewall grommetsand ran the wiring to where its suppoed to go. The car is back on its wheels. I am going to do the steering box next then turn the car around and lift the back of the car up and paint all the rear of the car and replace the rubbers etc.
 i am still to get photos.
    Cheers Scott
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2009, 04:22:09 PM »

here are some photos. Still progress being made. Now working on the back half.

It doesn't look like much, but it did take a long time.
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2009, 06:45:55 PM »

It rarely looks like much but I know exactly how long it takes Wink.Great to see progress though.Keep up the excellent work.Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2010, 11:34:28 AM »

Another update, motor is in now but diff is out. Springs are stripped and repainted, just need to be assembled when the new insulators arrive. Diff is in the mollasses drum getting rid of the rust at the moment. The floor is painted and ready for everything to be put back together. About to order the radiator, then i need to take it to the trimmers to have the headlining and windlacing done then windscreens, then finished? (maybe). Anyway i think the photo's will tell the story.

Cheers Scott
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »

Remember, this is what i started with,

Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2010, 12:20:03 PM »

Scott, you have done a great job, there is a lot of hours there. What radiator did you decide on? Im a bit worried about keeping my grey cool in Broome. Did you rebuild your steering box? if yes was it difficult. I renewed my front end all but the steering box and it plays on my mind. What exhaust system have yuo decided on to suit them headers, that grey looks great!

Gary C
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »

I must admit I hadn't seen the earlier shots of what it was like (and where it was) when you got it -  :owow Shocked - what a change. Keep up the great work - and did you finish the pool?  Wink Cheesy

NosFEratu
CraigA
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2010, 12:49:22 PM »

This is a great shot.  Grin

Nice work on the engine bay.

That's one hell of a catch can set up. Is that what it is?
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2010, 12:52:44 PM »

That's one hell of a catch can set up. Is that what it is?
[/quote]
Looks like a remote oil filter

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2010, 01:03:40 PM »

What a fantastic Job you've done Scott.  Bet you cant wait to get it on the road.  You've come such a long way and looks like your about to reap the rewards.  Cant wait to see the end result.

Jase

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2010, 02:54:35 PM »

Gary, i did pull my steering box apart. All i did was clean it up and put it back together. There didn't seem to be any wear in it. When i put it back together, instead of using the grease that Holden recommends, i was told by a steering box reconditioner to use Morey's Oil Stabiliser. It's alot more sticky and will actually work its way up the steering components and lubricate them.
 Those lines are my oil lines for my flow through oil filter system, which i have mounted on the radiator skirt. I plan to paint them once i am satisfied with the engine bay.
  The radiator i am using is a re-cored standard one which i am having baffles fitted so that it works more efficiently, i plan to go and see him tomorrow. I am picking up, all the gear i need to make up my linkages, today and will make a start on them tonight.
 The idea for this car, is to have a nice looking engine, and just have the rest of the car servicable and useful, and have plenty of fun with it.
 And finally, Kathi, i did finish the pool and the kids love it. Even the handbrake is getting more understanding of my hobby/ obsession. Grin Grin Grin
Cheers for now
                   Scott
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2010, 03:31:14 PM »

Looking good Scott, a huge difference from when you started, keep the pics coming.
               Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2010, 10:44:53 AM »

As Pedro and other have said, looks great, what a difference from when you have started.

Keep up the great work!

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2010, 10:56:45 AM »

Great Progress made on the weekend.
 Had Tony Galea and his family up for some much needed R & R on the weekend, so Tony and I spent the weekend in the shed, drinking beer, listening to the cricket, and working on the FC. It's amazing how much work you can get done when you have a bit of company and someone who you can let do whatever they want to, to the car and you can trust that they know what they are doing.
 Let me tell you, Tony knows his stuff, and while going through all my shelves and boxes, Tony found things i had forgotten i even had.
 After collecting FE/ FC parts for the last 25 years, it's easy to forget a few things.
Anyway here are some photo's.

We sorted the wiring out and got everything working, so i was absolutely stoked to see lights working and indicators and stuff like that. I put the rear springs back together and fitted them with new bushes. Radiator is fitted with panel above and bonnet latch. Bonnet is on, Choke is connected and works (thanks to Tony). So as you can see I am getting there.
Cheers Scott
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2010, 01:32:27 PM »

Scott,

Your car is progressing very well, it seems that you have most of the hard work done! I look forward to seeing it finished, in the meantime keep up with the photo's and the updates

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2010, 05:28:42 PM »

What classic photos.  You are making good progress on your car, having a beer, listening to cricket and having a mate to help out - it can't get much better than that along the way!!!

Cheers
David

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2010, 11:28:25 AM »

Looks like you two were in Holden heaven, smiles from ear to ear and a beer in hand. What other way is there to spend a little R&R than giving a mate a hand.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
BLOK

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2010, 11:39:57 AM »

great pics you look like your having a great time
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)