FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:38:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hayshed FC  (Read 132320 times)
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »

Another update,

Fuel tank has been repaired and painted, just needs to be fitted. Tailshaft has new uni's and is in aswell as the diff. Rear bumper is back on with the tow bar. All door glass is cleaned and in and goes up and down nicely again. The doors have been sealed up where the door trims go on, just need to clean up the door trims and fit them and the handles. The accelerator linkages are finished and work well, the bonnet is back on, the new boot rubber is fitted and the boot hinges, but a little hicup when fitting the new hinge pins, one of them stripped so i'm waiting for another to arrive. Then i can fit the boot. I hope to get home tonight and do the rear brakes.
So as you can see, i am on track for the Nationals. I hope to get some more photos up soon,
   Cheers Scott
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »

does sound like your on track Scott - 57 more sleeps!   Cheesy

NosFEratu
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2010, 10:09:34 AM »

Here are a couple of photos i took late last night.

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2010, 11:48:56 AM »

What a transformation, great aircleaner, is it homemade or converted from another car? I like everyone else look forward to seeing it.

Regards, Gary
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2010, 10:28:06 AM »

No work on the FC on the weekend, went to Berwick Swap instead. Getting work done at night though. Have been up until midnight for the last couple of nights.
 Small amount of progress made, Diff is back in and brakes have been put back on with the handbrake attatched and adjusted. Fuel tank is in and connected, door trims are back on, the bash plates are on under the front end. Car is booked in to have front end allignment on Monday and exhaust system on Tuesday/ Wednesday, then get the FC home on Thursday and look at firing it up soon after. The FC is booked in to get the headlining fitted in 2 1/2 weeks, so this is probably the only thing that could hold me up.
      OOOOOOOOOOOOO i'm getting so excited  Grin Grin Grin
Cheers Scott
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2010, 10:42:02 AM »

Coming together nicely Scott Cool Cool, are you going to throw a coat of paint on the old girl or are you going to leave her as original.
                Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2010, 03:35:08 PM »

Leaving the body and paint as is for now.
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2010, 08:32:54 PM »

I feel so lazy...............  Sad

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2010, 11:51:43 AM »

A little more done on the weekend, Put most of the interior in the car including the floor mats. Put the boot back on and set the boot springs ( what a pain in the a@#$e they were). Primed the engine with oil, i now have oil pressure. And loaded the car on the trailer and took it into town to get the front end alligned today and dropping it off to get the exhaust fitted tomorow.

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2010, 12:22:40 PM »

Well done Scott, Are you going to leave it that way and have a rat look or are you going to disassemble it all again and do the paint and upholstery?

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2010, 01:37:50 PM »

i want my FE done Angry (bangs table then cries) lol!!!!
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2010, 01:47:56 PM »

i want my FE done Angry (bangs table then cries) lol!!!!

You need to say to yourself, "If it is going to be, then it is up to me" Set your priorities, stay focussed and you will have it done sooner than you think. Wink Cheesy

Now I just need to take some of my own advice Undecided

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2010, 03:22:55 PM »

Well done Scott, dont forget to video the big fire up so we all can enjoy that sound!
Gary
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »

Here are some photos of the FC after getting the front end allignment.

GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2010, 11:29:14 AM »

Now,
       still waiting to get it back from the exhaust place so i can get it fired up and take it for a drive. I will be contacting the trimmer next week to see when i can bring it in for the headlining and to touch up the seats.
 The delay isn't too bad, it is giving me time to clean up GOA and give her birthday, ready for Orange.
Cheers Scotty
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2010, 09:32:13 AM »

Hey Scotty, have you fired up that grey yet?
Cheers, Gary.
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2010, 10:03:42 AM »

Hi Everyone,
                Another update,
                                      i have finally got the FC home from the exhaust shop and it looks trik. Due to the exhaust shop not painting the exhaust when finished, i had to when i got it home, so, the last couple of nights i have been taking the exhaust off  and cleaning it and painting it then last night i fitted back up. The hardest part is trying to get to the flange nuts next to the block. I made special flange nuts out of brass that are longer and have a turned down section up close to the flange so that the hex of the nut doesn't hit the flange when it is tightened. Anyway the exhaust looks fantastic, and i hope people have a look when they see the car in the flesh.
 Well anyway the weekend is approaching and i hope to fit the booster and bleed up the brakes and clutch, and maybe, just maybe fire a shot out of the old girl.
 By the way, the trimmer has my seats and is respringing them and has the headlining pattern and visers, so he will be working on them over the next week or so, so i will be taking the FC back into town soon and getting that fitted along with the screens.
Good Luck to All and bring on thr Nationals
                                                         Scotty

PS: I will get some photos and maybe a video (if i can work it out) up here after the weekend.

GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2010, 10:21:41 AM »

Fired the Grey Motor for the first time last night. After making sure i had oil flowing the correct way through the oil filter, i pulled all the plugs out and turned the engine over on the key for a little while to make sure the oil flowed around the engine. Then i replaced the plugs and turned the engine over on the key again so there was compression, then put all the leads back on and hit the key and it fired and idled straight away, no problems at all, i haven't put the timing light on it yet but it sounds like it is very close to where it should be. So another mile stone made. I will get some video of it when i have got the clutch sorted out and can take it for a drive. Man am i looking forward to that.
 Cheers Scotty
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2010, 10:12:43 AM »

Had dramas last night, this clutch is giving me the shits, i just can't seem to get it to work. Can someone shed some light on what i could be doing wrong. I have bled the clutch and it seems to be working. If i push on the clutch pedal the slave cylinder moves the rod, and the fork is moving, but there doesn't seem to be enough resistance and the pedal won't return on it's own. I have racked my brain and can't seem to come up with an answer. The clutch isn't a standard one but it is the one that was on the engine when i got it.
 Please can somebody help me, i don't really want to pull the gearbox out.
 The car is ready to take for a drive and this is all that is holding me back.
GMH-059
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2010, 01:30:31 PM »

Scott,
I had a similar problem with my FC.
I had the master cylinder sleeved and rebuilt by Bernie's brakes.
My pedal wouldn't return so I took it back to them.
It ended being that the spring in the master cylinder was put in backwards.
The spring I was told by Bernies is tapered and if assembled in backwards would not allow it to return, once reassembled the pedal returned.

Also isn't there on top of one of the pedals (can't remember if its brake or clutch - haven't access to shop manual at time of writing) an adjustable bracket for adjusting the return spring pressure, this might require adjusting if its on the clutch pedal as the spring could be going over centre and not allowing the pedal to return.

Hope this helps?

Cheers,
Steve.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: