FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:19:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 13 or 14" X 6" mags wanted.  (Read 2153 times)
reddo

its gottab holden -  ok!!!

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2007, 12:50:35 PM »

I am chasing a set of 13 or 14" X 6" mags for the fe Panelvan.

I have 2 sets of  13" dragways with tyres  , and 1 set of 14" dragways with 2 good tyres. All are 7" and run too close to the rear guards and scrape on the front went turning.
Dont want to modify the guards to get the clearance i need
So i am chasing something like a set of old skool 6 " tasman mags with or without tyres Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Huh. Anyone got anything out there to suit what i am after. Dont want jelly bean mags thanks.

Might be able to a swap/ deal with someone chasing dragways with tyres. Cool

Reddo - Newcastle
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 12:47:09 PM »

HI reddo,
I run 13 x 7 dragways on my FC. I had the centres moved out and 5mm machined off the back to get clearance, may be worth think about Huh

regards
Weddo
reddo

its gottab holden -  ok!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 07:28:28 AM »

Hi Weddo
Thanks for that. worth considering.
I have 2 dragways that are offset 20mm less than the other 10 that i have. all are 7" wide.
Might have another play with the ones i have got and put the nrrower offsets on the front. It will still leave me with a problem with the back ones as the 2 narrower rims just cleared the rear guards when they where on the back.
Might have to see a panelbeater and  get the lip on the gaurds rolled up and then pump the guards out a bit.
Would get away with either fitting uplift /keeper springs or go to air shocks but i hate the bloody things ( air shocks).

Cheers
Reddo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: