FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:37:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: help identifying diff  (Read 2928 times)
funkafide

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2007, 04:47:56 PM »

can anyone please identify this diff.
it's out of my fc and i guess it's a standard fc diff however i'm not 100%.
a previous owner had put a floor shift in but engine and gearbox were removed prior to my purchase.
am putting hr disc front in (202 & 3speed column) and am trying to work out what to do at the rear.
that didn't work..
will post pics as soon as i work out how..
stay tuned.
funkafide

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 05:13:54 PM »

here goes
funkafide

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:15:07 PM »

and a couple more for good luck

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 05:41:21 PM »

;)yep its a fc or early holden(could be fb-ek) as the diff centers were identical to look at only the gear ratio,s were different,they do look like fc backing plates too,your best bet is too reinstall the diff housing but put a diff center in it out of a eh-hr which will give you a better range of final drive ratios,and you will have to change the rear uni as the uni,s are different eh-hr ones they use u bolts unlike the early ones that just bolt up to the pinion,this is what i have done in my bog stock fc still running a grey, i used a hr 3.55 ratio,she now gets down the freeway much nicer now,...hope this helps you out...cheers jamie
funkafide

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 08:13:08 PM »

thanks for the info jamie.
steve.
FC229

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 01:46:41 PM »

If you plan to put HR discs on it might be worth thinking about the HR rear housing. From memory I went that way on mine because we decided it was easier to modify the saddles for the diff housing (ie cut the mounts from th FC housing and weld them to the HR housing) than it was to muck about with the backing plates to fit the HR wheel cylinders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: