FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 03:42:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: can you shorten the handbrake equaliser  (Read 1700 times)
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2007, 01:42:19 PM »

i may have a clearance issue with my handbrake equaliser, has anyone done it, this is the flat bar peice that goes between the front cable and rear, do you still get a good hold with the handbrake if you do , is the handbrake much harder to pull.
 i was looking at moving the hole in 1/2" - 3/4"

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 09:46:11 PM »

Leon, yes you can, but the way to do it is to move the other hole as well. I haven't measured one but let's assume that the first hole is 10 cm from the pivot point and the second hole id 60 cm from the pivot. This means that the ratio between the holes is 6 to 1. If you move the outer hole inwards, then you move the inner hole inwards so that the ratio remains the same. This means that pulling force will remain the same but the travel of the handbrake will be reduced.

Does this make sense?

Ken
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 10:25:34 PM »

makes sense, thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)