FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 05:51:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1959 Holden Station Sedan Original  (Read 8811 times)
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2007, 11:05:20 AM »

Hi Guys
Due to a number of reasons it is time for me to move on my 1959 FC Holden Station Wagon. There will be a few of you on the forum who are aware of this car and have seen it at various shows and Nationals over the years. It is a lovely old very original car and really does typify what 50's Australian motoring was like. It has the quite unusual colors of Terraglow and Adobe beige and it really looks and drives well. This is the first place i have openly advertised the car and i would love it to go to a Holden devotee and have it looked after in the way it deserves. Whilst not rare,good original wagons are certainly not common and would make a great addition or start to the Holden garage. The vehicle is very original having done a 119000 miles and i am just the 3rd owner. It has papers and has the original victorian registration. The car cruises beautifully with its original L block grey,and is quite gutsy and will happily tow as well. The interior is original and in very good condition, all chrome work has been re done and or polished the car has been repainted in 2 pak in original color and whilst not to concourse standard it is in excellent condition. It has brand new tyres, radiator and has had a new head gasket and valves done to suit unleaded fuel.
The car has a number of nasco options
Full set of wagon venetians
Taxi Rail
Nasco Thumb print wheel trims
Power brakes
Windscreen washers and bottle
Oil filter
Twin note horns
Headlight Covers
Grille Badge
Scratch Plates
Fuel Cap and surround
Push button Air Cheif radio and period aerial
Bosch 3 speed heater
 Nasco column Steering lock
Tow bar
Wilsonia gauge
Nasco Door Pulls
Very Rare Nasco fender markers
Spats
and probably a few more i have forgotten

This is a genuine sale and will not be put on Ebay or the like. The car will be advertised in Just Cars and a couple of other journals.The car is situated in Monbulk in the Dandenong Ranges a hour out of Melbourne in VIC. The asking price is $15000 though that will be negotiable to forum and club members. I will NOT make apologies for the price as i feel it is a fair price for a quite rare and nice car.Please only contact me by PM if you are only genuine as well, as i dont have the time or the patience for tyre kickers. Wink Wink Grin
Thanks for reading
Cheers Brett

Ps I will post more pics early next week of interior etc

Brett Gillard
HAD 708

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 05:20:45 PM »

For those Vic members that may be interested or keen. The Wagon will be in all its glory at the 20th Anniversary of the FE FC Car Club of Vic on Sunday at Heidelberg Park. See you there!
Cheers
Brett

Brett Gillard
TAYZ
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 09:05:54 PM »

Ive seen this wagon and its worth every cent of 15K.  If i had the cash Id buy it with no questions asked, Brett are you going to build another?
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 09:38:38 PM »

;)Brett its ashame that it has to go, as it would have to be one of the best wagons i have ever seen and its a credit to you for the condition in which it has been kept,and to the lucky person who purchases it what a good investment......wish i had the dough.....jamie
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 09:02:14 AM »

I reckon he's seen the light and going to build a modified.

Cheesy Cheesy

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
HAD 708

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 03:26:42 PM »

Paul/Tayz,
I will get my FC 1959 Sedan back on the road{the car with the Factory FB Colors,trim etc}after a major tidy up. I have purchased an old 50's caravan that i will pair with the sedan and may look at a replacement further down the track.
Ed,
modified i wouldn't think so mate still love the old greys!!!

Thanks for the positive response guys but no bites as yet!
Cheers
Brett

Brett Gillard
HAD 708

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 05:56:51 PM »

The wagon HAS BEEN SOLD. Thanks to all the well wishers and enquiries i have had. To those i spoke to directly a special thanks to you. The car has gone to a great home and i am very happy.
Cheers
Brett

Brett Gillard
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 07:23:03 PM »

Bugger I'm too late, I was gunna buy it and whack it on a landcruiser chassis  Wink  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: