FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 12:48:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bucket seats  (Read 3059 times)
scarey1

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2002, 08:33:00 AM »

does any one know of an easy fitting bucket seats that can be put in an fc sedan ??

i have been told that the hx/z premier seats are okay but i am not sure about the bracket arrangement to bolt to the floor
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2002, 07:14:55 PM »

Hi Scarey1
  Just about any seat can be adapted,depending on if you want high or low back,how much room you need between the seats for either a console or centre mounted handbrake.
  When you make up your brackets it is best to use the original seat mounting holes, that way your not drilling extra holes in your floor pan  plus in the future your bench seat could be reinstalled. Plus the engineers like you to use the original mounting points where possible.
  I have made up a set of brackets to fit VN TO VS commordore seat into my FC. I can make you up a detailed drawing & give you a couple of photos if you want them.
Cheers
Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
HARKO
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2002, 12:41:17 AM »

Wow
You know I could save a lot of time with a copy of them there plan's Glenn.

Those diff idea's havent come into use yet (Thought I'd finish one project before starting another)
So I'm rebuilding the 308 from the monaro ,But all is not lost I will be back into it soon and your help will come to fruition shortly.
If you find it worth drawing up a set of instruction's count me in I would appreciate it,,,,,,,,,,Harko.
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2002, 10:24:52 PM »

Hi all
Here is a photo of the outer bracket which is bolted to the original seat mount holes. The steel flat bar that runs
along the top had high tensile nuts welded to it before the bar was welded to the square tubing as the seat bolts run down into the tube.
There are 2 ways of doing the inner brackets,
First way: you can run square tubing between the two outer brackets & bolt your inner seat mounts to that.
The trouble with this is that you can't get the seats to sit as low as possible because of the tailshaft hump plus it looks untidy with the tubing running across front & back
between the seats.
Second way: this is the way i did mine. i made the inner brakets similar to the outer brackets & mig welded them to the floor making sure it spreaded the load across the floor hump that runs under the seat. I made the inner brackets sit as low as possible so if i wanted to I could run the bench seat with out hitting the inner brackets.
When i take the seats back out i will post a photo of the
inner brackets.
hope this helps
Glenn  

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: