FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 30, 2024, 02:41:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Original Things for FC UTE... HELP  (Read 10350 times)
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2002, 12:58:15 AM »

an original rear venetian blind, but it must be FE/FC.  Will pay top dollar  Up to $250  It is for a Utility  SLIM
« Last Edit: October 17, 2002, 06:46:47 AM by slim » Logged

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
HARKO
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2002, 05:33:05 AM »

Pete I'm in wollongong with door trim's in a pale red (maybe riff red) in good nick ,if this is what your looking for send me an IM,,,,,Harko
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2002, 04:10:06 AM »

Hi Slim.
There ia an Standard FC sedan at a wreckers up the road from me which has basket weave doortrims. Are they the same as on a ute? If so, I can go & see what he wants for them He is usually quite reasonable. They are a redish brown colour.
Regards,
Rob

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2002, 09:56:42 AM »

Door trims for standard sedan, standard wagon. ute and van are all the same.

Ken
coolaride
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2002, 11:26:13 AM »

hey there slim

i have two ute  door trims you can have .
you can just pay postage from melb .
they need re-painting and new backs but are in very good condition for their age .
only one has a small rip .

if your interested send me a PM and i`ll organise some pics asap .

cheers

coolaride .
HARKO
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2002, 12:20:24 PM »

Sorry slim I'm trying to woo-up my habitt (FEFC website junkie) havent been on air lately my Email is vicki51@tpg.com.au I'll update it on my profile right now.
Can you meet me at the next club meet in 4 week's or so ?
HARKO
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2002, 12:50:05 PM »

Hey Slim.
Holroyd Rangers Soccer Club
Foray Street (off Fairfield Road)
West Guildford on Tuesday the 12th Nov

But before all that I'll pull them off the shelf and reveal if they are as I recall
I'm after a few bit's for a wagon  . Wink Wink Wink Wink
HARKO
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2002, 10:34:09 AM »

Hey Slim the left one is mint ,The right one has a peice torn from it about 10mm wide under the winder Embarrassed
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2002, 04:23:41 AM »

Thanks to Harko and Coolaride for there help in obtaining door trims . Between the 2 of you I will make a good original set of door trims  CHEERS SLIM Grin Grin  P.S Still need a ute rear venetian , Someone must have one on there shelf gathering dust somewhere that could go to good use . Ill pay up to $250.00 for a good one

Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2002, 06:33:09 AM »

Slim,

There was a post in May from 4hammers who was also after venetians but I can't seem to drag it up in the search.  It had the details for a few places you can try for venetians, although he was after wagon ones - I don't know if this makes a difference in terms of suppliers who make them, but going by the details in the message (in amongst a discussion on how ret could eat 1200 pizzas Shocked)  you could try:

http://www.earlyholdens.com/shop/venetians
or
O'Briens Autoshade in Adelaide 08 8293 1477 (may be an old number)
or
apparently ther's a guy in Newcastle who has a good stash of parts but I have no idea who he is!  I think Ed had the number....

I'm sure someone else has better info than I do but it might help as a starting point.
Cheers,
Cat

« Last Edit: October 16, 2002, 06:34:41 AM by cat » Logged

Zoom zoom!
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2002, 06:45:26 AM »

Hi Slim.
None of the suppliers (at the time I called) make venetians for the utes. I have an FB ute, an FC ute & an FC wagon. The wagon is the only one that has aftermarket ones available (I wanted originals). Both utes have original venetians, but they are totally different. The FC has a cut & weld for the slats to gfit around the inside curve of the window. The FB ones are gently curved (no cuts or welds.) Also, the width of the centre glass is bigger in the FB (so I have been told MANY times, but haven't measured), and as the brackets bolt onto the glass dividers, they are not interchangable.
FB ones look better.
Rob

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2002, 10:29:50 PM »

Slim,

This is not going to help you in the short-term, but....

I had a discussion with Smooth (of http://www.earlyholdens.com) maybe a year ago about ute venetians.  He has been asked for repro ones many times, and is more than happy to make them.

In order to do so, he needs to borrow a set from an FE/FC that have been fitted (to ensure copies of it will also fit).  This set can be used to configure his equipment to press out a good reproduction.  No venetians are harmed in this process.

The goodly fellow who loans Smooth a set will receive a free repro once the setup is done (as well as his original back, of course).  AFAIK this offer is still open.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2002, 12:34:12 AM »

Hi Slim.
If that offer RET was talking about is still open, I would be happy to let Smooth use the set off my ute as a template. I know Smooth & trust him.
If you (Slim) pay freight up to him & back when finished, you can use them. I will contact Smooth & have a chat.
Regards,
Rob
I also have the set off the FB.

slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2002, 06:43:59 AM »

::)Thanks 4 Hammers I will take you up on that offer. I dont know smooth but if you can get it rolling for me I will pay any cost involved,,  I am really appreciative if this works out as I have exhausted all other avenues . And believe me I have a few , they are proving to be probably the hardest part i have tried to acquire for an FE/FC       Roll Eyes   I cant really believe there rarity considering how easily I obtained a set for my Panelvan  SLIM

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2002, 07:32:21 PM »

Hi Slim.
Bad news mate Cry. Smooth needs a minimum order of about 20 to start production. He has a stack of work on, so time restraints are also a factor. Maybe put a post on the forum to see what interest you can get.
The offer of mine still stands as long as I have the utes. Which will be a very long time. Smiley
Give it a go, as you never know. There might be a stack of interest, as once he has the plans, he can make them at will.
Regards,
4hammers

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2002, 12:38:34 AM »

20 might be achievable.  We can start a new thread for people to register their interest in the General Board.  Any idea of price?

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2002, 07:51:26 PM »

NOo , But I will take 3 sets off the bat , any other takers             SLIM

Geoffs fe ute
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2002, 08:03:38 PM »

He only needs 19 now.Count me in for a set

Geff mc Donald.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2002, 05:37:07 AM »

I have put it to Smooth & am awaiting a reply. I will keep you well informed.
Regards,
Rob

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: