FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 23, 2024, 05:15:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Control Arms  (Read 2773 times)
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2007, 09:45:23 AM »

I recently purchased a set of upper and lower control arms. They are NOS with a parts number sticker on one of them which corresponds to the correct FC reference for the part in the master parts book.

My problem with them relates to the rubber bumper mounting. The NOS ones have a much larger collar than the ones I had previously powdercoated.

The powedercoated ones in the photo fit the readily available repro bumpers which are the same as the old ones that came out.

The NOS ones require the bumper stem to be cut and would need to be glued to stay in.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 11:39:45 PM »

Ed, I can't recall seeing FC arms with the large bump rubber holder.  The bump rubber changed mid way through FB to a new style and my guess is that Holden in their wisdom decided that any new arms made would have the new superior bump rubber fitted. So the arms you have would be 1960's production and would fit the late FB through to EJ style bump rubber (may be later than EJ as well - but I'm reading from an EJ parts book).

When these were sold at a GMH counter there would have been a note with them saying that bump rubbers would have to be sold with them I suppose!

Ken
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 04:36:19 AM »

Ed where did you get the rubbers from. I am in need of a couple.

Rod
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 07:49:18 AM »

Rod, Rare Spares sell repros of the one pictured.

Ken, thanks for the explanation - it makes sense. I'll review some later model bump stops for sizing.
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 08:35:21 PM »

Rod, I also spotted these on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOLDEN-FE-FC-FB-RARE-NEW-OLD-STOCK-CONTROL-ARM-BUMPERS_W0QQitemZ260133041607QQihZ016QQcategoryZ32058QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: