FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 23, 2024, 03:27:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Electric motor wiring  (Read 7075 times)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« on: June 26, 2007, 07:33:50 AM »

Any one tell me which wire goes where ?
Thanks very much for your help. I assume the middle is for washer bottle and one is positive, one high and one low...

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:54:59 AM »

Looks like a HR 2 speed switch and a EK single speed wiper motor.
Power from a live source goes to the wiper motor (marked BAT) via a fuse.
A wire then goes from the other terminal (marked SWI) to the low speed terminal on the switch. You can determine which is the low speed terminal using a multimeter.
The switch must be earther and the wire on the motor must go to earth as well.

That's it.  The HR switch is not ideal for this motor - a better option would be a EK switch.

Ken
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 07:50:02 AM »

Cheers Ken, As soon as I logged off I thought I should have specified. I have a delco unit aswell. Are they Two speed? It has the same number of teminals on the front as the one in the photo
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:53:14 AM by nes138 » Logged

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 11:41:56 PM »

Nope - Delco are single speed as well. That is why I make the 2 speed conversion - as apart from the extremely rare Nasco optional 2 speed unit, there is no 2 speed motor for FE FC that will bolt in place.

Ken
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 12:46:40 AM »

hi ken if you are still doing these wiper conversions could i have one

cheers fatboy

fatboy
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 02:37:50 AM »

I am currently working on an exchange basis only since the 2 small drive arms on the back are very hard to find and I don't have any left.
Here's the deal - You need to have a Preslite EK wiper motor complete with the 2 small drive arms - Send me the base plate complete with the rectangular rubber insulator and I will send you a fully tested 2 speed motor ready to go with full instructions & a switch included for $85 plus postage.
The detailed instructions will tell you how to install the 2 small drive arms that you keep in your posession.

I can make a Delco unit work, but the first drive arm needs modification to work on the new wiper motor. If all you can find is a Delco unit, then I need you to send me that bit as well for modification.

Regards  Ken
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 04:33:19 AM »

Hi Ken,

I know this has been discussed somewhere before but I am currently using a two speed unit off a HB Torana (i think). It attaches to the base plate using the exactly same holes (one hole I had to drill for memory but the provision was on the plate for it).

I manufactured my own arms off a EK set I had so they were slightly longer. I made a slight modifcation to the EK switch and all was good. The only problem, which I have got used to is the self counselling mechanism. Doesn't work real well. Unsure if this is due to the fact that I haven't wired it up properly.

Cheers Rod
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 07:00:39 AM »

Rod, a number of electric motors will fit and many different mods have been discussed by people who have made things work. I applaud your ingenuity in making the EK arms work on the back of a Torana wiper motor.

This is a fine solution for people who are capable of adapting and modifying things, but a lot of people just want to buy something that will bolt straight in and work properly.
The beauty of my conversion is that (with the Preslite motor) nothing is modified, everything works and it all just bolts in.
The reason why your motor wont park is because the HB Torana uses a 3 wire switch and not a 2 wire switch like the EK. The EK switch is not compatible with a HB Torana wiper motor. This is what is difficult about finding a 2 speed motor that will work with the original knob.
Hope this helps    Ken
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 04:37:43 AM »

Hi ken  Grin can you show me what the small ek arms look like as i have about six wiper arms lying around that have been given to me over the years but don't know what is what as i need to change to a two speed wiper set up
           cheers Damo58

Iam good just ask me Smiley
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 05:25:26 AM »

Have a look at this pic. the 2 small arms shown are the ones you need

Ken

[Edit by RET: fixed IMG link to display in-line]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 06:34:38 AM by ret » Logged
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 08:11:45 AM »

Hi ken sorry for sounding dumb but what does the base look like because the fc i have just bought doesn't have a wiper motor but it has a base that says preslite on it if you have a picture so i know what to send you it would be very appreciated
                              thanks Damo58 Huh Huh

Iam good just ask me Smiley
crashbox

cruzin in the FC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 08:12:46 AM »

G'DAY GUYS

just to let you know that i have a XP ford falcon,2 speed wiper motor,bolts staight up to a presslite ek holden base,uses ek arms works fine. will work with ej/eh 2speed wiper switch,can then put electric squirtter button on same switch...then put the fc wiper knob on..
then ready for cruzin in the rain Wink..

"A GOOD HOLDEN IS A CRUZIN HOLDEN"
crowbar
vic-club

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 08:32:39 AM »

Good topic
This is a fantastic site for information
Ken you might be able to help me with this one
I have a Preslite Wiper motor I bought in a box of spares some time ago
It has four terminals marked Bat,Sw1,Sw2,Sw3