FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:09:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alfio Black Beauty 058  (Read 70815 times)
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 05:16:52 AM »

just got a mess from the bosses ,no go cannot do a thread of my skills of my trade .all i was doing is helping ,there should be something here to show club members and others.its just about my bussniss it the help guys &girls to save money on there restos on there cars.sorry if i dont post for a while,but if any would like any advice on there body work plz send me a mess cheers Alfio Wink
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 06:40:02 AM »

Alf,

I thought the message you were sent was pretty clear and unambiguous. I'm posting this here rather than sending you a PM just so everyone is on the same page about what's going on.

You are welcome and encouraged to continue this thread and offer advice/opinions in other threads like everyone else. What you are not allowed to do is use the forum as free advertising and/or to promote your business.

This is OK:
I always use ACME brand paints, because I find they give a better finished result...

This is NOT OK:
At ALFIO'S THE CLASSIC CAR RESCUER, we use and recommend ACME brand paints...

So feel free to keep us up to date on the progress of the your car, within those guidelines.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fcee
vic-club

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 08:04:32 AM »

Hi Alfio ,please keep posting the progress pics of your latest resto ,as I believe that lots of members like me find your work amazing and are happy with with your postings . cheers Steve . Smiley

Sale Victioria
craiga
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 08:53:15 AM »

Hi Alfio,

I don't think there's any doubt that most on here would be interested in seeing your work, just do what every other commercial business does and invest in your own website.

http://www.theclassiccarrescuer.com.au is still available

Use http://www.melbourneit.com.au to get a domain name registered, then sign up for some web hosting (a http://www.google.com.au search will bring up plenty of choices), then pay someone to create a website. You obviously have lots of content so all you'll need is a web template (http://www.google.com.au search again) and someone to construct it all for you and upload it to your hosted domain. Beautiful!!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Craig.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 09:53:07 AM »

http://www.namescout.com is even cheaper than MelbourneIT, but you need to have a business name registered that can easily be associated with the .com.au name you are registering.
The .com name is available also, which is generally cheaper and you can register without having an associated business name.
Why not get a Myspace page? No domain to register and you don't have to be a "geek" to set up your page.

Anyway, like RET said and myself via PM, post pictures, tips and comments freely just no advertising.

KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 09:48:51 PM »

Alfio  Always good to see how you do things.  Please keep posting.  Your posts are most informative.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 11:17:37 PM »

Smiley hi every one hope you all doing well,just to let you all know in back into my Black Beauty 058, just about finished the body work,will post up pic soon, Grin will be ready for the nats next year FULL STEAM AHEAD, ALFIE NEVERS GIVE UP HE JUST GET STRONGER . cheers  Kiss
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2007, 11:03:03 AM »

Hey Alf,
I look forward to seeing more pics of your restoration of Black Beauty 058 Wink
Regards ACE  Cool
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 11:42:36 PM »

[img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/alfiom/100_6599.jpg[/img
Hi every one sorry been sooooooooo long been flat out working on other peoples resto,now i have a bit of time up my sleves.here some update pic,this pic show under neath repaied and readt to paint. Cool
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 11:43:44 PM »

the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 11:48:42 PM »

heres another pic before i applyed high filler
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 11:52:07 PM »

then i painted the next day,i used two pack with matting base to dull the shine.
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 12:01:08 AM »

then i painted all underneath and inside everything was painted 100% in two pack,before i painted i spray sealed all the joints,now in ready to put the black base 2k ,not the finishing coat yet.onces it coated with 2k it will show any defcts that i have missed, then i will slice it with 800 wet and dry and apply my base coat COB clear over base ,which its called super deep black,the deepers black you can get on the market.
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 12:04:52 AM »

done the car body shell is now complete blacked two pack.all the panels are done aswell,my next step is inside all the panels
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 12:14:01 AM »

another pic off how stright the panels are ,i have spend a lot of hours of using diffrent types of blocks,now i know what to use.there are alwayes new types of tools in my trade ,they get better.and easier. next pics i will post are inside the doors,a black car has red inside the four doors ,i have polised the old red inside the door today and eye matched the red.i will post pic next.cheers from Alfio Cheesy
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 09:19:53 PM »

Alfio my hat goes of to you mate that is the best looking job ever that is one fine panel work there the black is fantastic Grin Grin

Cheers damo58

Iam good just ask me Smiley
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 09:35:05 PM »

Geez Alf,if my black FC comes up half as good as yours it will be awesome.Nice job. Shocked

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 08:14:52 PM »

Hi everyone Smiley now all the out off the shell is done and the panels,i started to match the red inside the doors and the pillars.as you can see in this pic,l polished in side the old door.
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 08:18:25 PM »

all the apporchers are all finshed and all insides the doors at the same time,now i have to panit a satin middle dark grey on top the dash near the screen
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 08:23:26 PM »

another pic inside
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: