FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:41:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome windscreen trim!!!  (Read 3231 times)
PeteR

ampmobile

View Profile WWW
« on: October 05, 2002, 07:28:46 AM »

Ok fellas,
We're going to a wedding tomorrow and "she who must be obeyed" has declared that we're taking the FC (instead of her computerised VS do everything Wondercar), there's going to be BM's, Merc's, HSV VX's blah blah wank wank...
Now, the FC isn't too bad - but she's lacking all of the chrome windscreen trim (see http://www.reynolds-valveart.com.au/fc.html)
I got hold of the missing top and bottom trim and have buffed it up, but....how do you fit it ?!? !?
I know that the trim fits into the groove/split of the windscreen rubbers but does the windscreen have to come out or is there a another method?
I know I haven't left much time but the Old Girl, m'self and the dragon (ahem, wife) will be going regardless. If the trim isn't fitted I'll just BS my way around the Yuppsters Wink
As always, many thanks
Pete Smiley
Digger

Classic not Plastic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2002, 10:22:23 AM »

G'Day peteR,

Great looking car mate,   Smiley
The windsreen, rubber and trim have to be fitted as an assembly a bit tricky but with a mate you will get it in.
Its been a while but I think you fit the trim to the rubber first then the rubber to the glass.

Hope It helps,
Steve
« Last Edit: October 05, 2002, 10:23:41 AM by digger » Logged
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2002, 12:33:34 PM »

Digger is right.  I have seen people fit the trim later by cutting of the 90 degree bend where it fits into the rubber and just pushing it in and then holding it in with the screws.
Very short term approach - not recommended and stuffs up the chrome trim for future use as well.

Ken
PeteR

ampmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2002, 08:28:54 PM »

Thanks Fellas,
Ok, we'll choof off to the wedding half trimmed (we'll still be in the best car anyway Grin )
I'll save the trim for when I have to replace the screen!
Thanks again,
Pete Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: