FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 03:39:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: REAR SPRINGS  (Read 3141 times)
COOKY

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2007, 04:51:34 AM »

Hi,i need some help.Removing rea springs on FE sedan to replace bushes.All o.k till front stud,it want budge.one book says take it out,another book says knock it out.Unable to take out & don't know how hard to knock.Also has a slot onhead of stud,does it screw out.
     COOKY Huh
Graeme

one of thses days my wagon will be finished.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 05:05:19 AM »

Cooky,

You can try to screw them out - dose them up with wd40 first and wait a while.  Otherwise just belt the living daylights out of them.  Mine came out ok with a few decent whacks and no damage to the thread.

Graeme
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 06:25:49 AM »

they are probably rusty, if worse comes to worse buy some new ones and wreck them, a twist may help free them a little but once the nut comes off the thread isnt holding it in, only the rubber is and the rubber sometimes holds them good.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
COOKY

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 07:04:42 AM »

Thanks guys will go & give it a try,i was a bit worried that everyone was doing the right thing on mothers day & not working on the car like me.
     COOKY Smiley
Maco
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 07:30:11 PM »

Rare Spares have new pins,

Cheers
John

Better in Green
Brad

Model: FC

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 06:18:44 AM »

Hello Cooky
                 I use a metal rod about 10 / 12mm in dia and about 400mm long, place it up against the bolt and give it a few whacks and the bolt should fly out across the floor . Leave the nut on so it's flush with the end of the bolt to loosen it first, no worries and no damage to the bolt or threads.The rod also keeps the hammer away from the sills. As fc cool say's , they do not screw in and it's only the rubber holding them in. Don't waste your time trying to unscrew them.
   Brad.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:23:22 AM by BRAD » Logged

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: