FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 03:40:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: boot interior restoration/modification  (Read 2171 times)
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:17:32 PM »

Gday all
I want to line the wheel arches inside the boot with carpet-like material (black). Does anyone know of a suitable material that is capable of moulding neatly to the guards (I've already thought of "frontrunner" - any other suggestions?). Advice on adhesive, method and source of material also sought.
Also want to make inner trims for lining guards between wheel arches n tail lights (to be covered in same/similar material as above). Does anyone have a template for these, or do I make one? (I want to start at the join on the inner wheel arches). Advice on material sought - I thought 3 or 4 mm ply might be OK...
All feedback gratefully accepted
Regards, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 09:13:55 AM »

I did this many years ago and the way to make the templates is with cardboard and then transfer to wood when you have the shape right.  From memory I used vinyl which stretches quite well when warmed to cover the arches.

Ken
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 02:39:44 AM »

to line the boot.

you could also use fibreglass and MDF.

then you can have all manner of funky shapes, subwoofers (if that's your thing) or little storage binnacles etc.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 11:57:13 PM »

Ken and Ed
Thanks for the advice
regards
Jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: