FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 03:41:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: all i have to do is choose a colour  (Read 5587 times)
retro

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2007, 03:29:55 AM »

Well all the sorta hard body work is now done, ive gotten rid of the tail gate badge i always hated, and now im stuck on a big decision in relation to colour.

Any ideas, the trim is grey (retrimed) it was originally 253-7773(on tag) and may of been the colour it came to me in ( its like a creamy greeny grey colour i remember) or do i go the old monza red it was spayed in 1999/2000. You gotta admit the red looked cool as alex stated in the UTE 23K post.

julius
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 05:46:29 AM »

Retro

Red would look great but their already is a red one owned by tailshaft Tim, with your interior color I would paint the car a light bright Mercedes Benz silver ( not gun metal grey). Which would look clean with black tarp and dark glass and I me dark.

Julius
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 05:54:57 AM »

Retro,
          I would go along with Julius!  The silver would be good, and go well with black tarp and tinted windows.  What sort of wheels are you going to run?
          There aren't many silver utes out there, but the decision is yours, after all you are the one who has to drive it.

All the best

Michael
julius
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 06:25:41 AM »

Hi Michael and Retro

I would go a tough set of wheels pro stock style or a nice set of Simmons with black centers and low.

Regards

Julius
retro

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 08:40:48 AM »

well it was red back in 2000 on wards, silver is ok ill have a good think about that one, i did not even think about that. If you look at the UTE 23K returns listed in this section, this was this ute and every car i have is red. I sorta wanted a period colour to keep with the general look of the car, besides its probally one of the only ones with a factory ventian and spats it.

the weels i was going to run were either these dragways or a c and d 14' tasman styled rim.
if i go on the 14's id probally drop it as far as i can go, but the drag ways already scrap with the ek at 1' lowered.

id even thought that white walls (atlas type) on stockies with a big drop and thumbprint dress rims.

jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 12:03:56 AM »

Hey retro
Is that your red n white FB sedan with spats in that last photo? My favorite uncle (long dead now) was a full-on rocker in the mid 60s, n had one EXACTLY like that! (oh, plus a fox tail on the aerial....)
I found a photo of that car somewhere on this forum, but being computer - illiterate, could not get a good print of it. Also, I'm a big fan of FB's having owned quite a few over the years (I drove my first car - FB wagon, round Aust in '69).
If its yours, "pretty please" could I possibly get you to email a good photo of it to me  - in rememberance of me old uncle Prune?
Thanks n regards
Jack
rsproal@westvic.com.au

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
TAYZ
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 08:30:49 AM »

Jack, I too think that retros FB is grouse as!!!  Hes got some great pics of it on the FB-EK Forum under members cars(retros toys)  Id love it sitting in my garage let me tell you !!

tayz
retro

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 09:11:01 AM »

yeah she is my fb, i actually love it to bits and would sell my limbs before i part with her. The ek was bought to be my second wedding car, but my mrs has told me that i have to keep the ute and the fb. The ek is ok to sell.

The whitewalls to be honest are crap, they come apart very easy, and have began to tear off. Is there a better set to get?

mate im more than happy to issue with some good photos, i have always made sure it is well seen, and it was also put on aussie muscle cars site.

As for the kats tail on the ariel well, i cant bring myself to drill a perfect rust free gaurd for it, but im sure one the boys may paste one on for ya in photoshop.

being honest and very critical of my work, shes not 100%, and still work require a bit of tlc.
retro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 09:34:34 AM »

mate uncle prune sound like all the maltese here in sydney, mind you my mrs (maltese) loves it and when i rocked up with the ek, her fathers comment was "another malta car".

those photos for uncle prune have been sent, to me, well he sounds like a man that taste and style.
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 11:14:37 PM »

retro
thanks heaps for the photos. Yes, uncle prune was a man of taste n style, n Im sure he'll send you down a blessing for sending me the photos. Mind you, a blessing from uncle prune, when he was with us, was when he DIDNT abuse or punch you....
If you ever want to sell it (n you wont if , like uncle prune, you're a man of taste n style), I'd be more than happy to park my work ute (HK,SB chev, t350, 9 inch) out in the cold salt air to make room for it in my shed with the FC
I dont care if it still needs work; it just looks 2FC.001!!
regards
jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
fc_mad

in the build

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 09:02:18 PM »

have you painted it yet?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: