FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:00:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: scuff plates, plastic front seat side trims  (Read 1721 times)
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2007, 11:36:46 PM »

Gday all
can anyone tell me what the scuff plates on fc special sedan were finished in? if painted, what colour? also, my car has black plastic trims each side of the front bench seat (both base n backrest - in 2 peices). there is also a chrome trim on the base plastic trim. is this standard? if not, what was?
re wiper arms - the (chromed diecast alloy?) bits that hold the arms n attach to the posts need rechroming. are these available anywhere, or do I get them rechromed?
any help greatly appreciated!
regards
jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 02:06:28 AM »

Jack, scuff plates are originally cadmium plated (silver) Only a very few places do cad anymore so generally you have to go with zinc (not passivated zinc which is a yellow colour) and tell the plater that you want it dull as sometimes it comes out too shiny like chrome.  However - if it does come out to shiny it can be scuffed back with wet and dry to dull it off a bit.
FC special has 4 piece black plastic seat surrounds with a stainless mould along the base piece  FC standard is the same minus the mould.  FC club of Vic is currently working with Rare Spares having these remade and should be completed this half of the year.
The base of the wiper arm is indeed chrome plated die cast and they are inly available second hand.  If you are getting them rechromed, try to get some which are not pitted rather then trying to get pitted ones chromed. They are not that hard to find

Regards  Ken
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 04:59:20 AM »

Ken,
All I needed to know in one hit!
Much appreciated - thanks
jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: