FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:23:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Holden 1959  (Read 76686 times)
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2011, 10:07:44 AM »

Thanks, Craig  Smiley

If it's not obvious from the pics, the interior is a pearl white. And so far, it hasn't turned out to be half as hard to keep clean as I thought (then again, it's not exactly a daily driver either...)

And if the car you're talking about for a new interior is the white one in your avatar, I'd personally keep WELL away from grey, but to each his own - it'd be a bloody boring old Holden scene if we all thought alike!

cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2011, 10:16:03 AM »

I feel for you Jack.

Two days ago some low-life c&*^s broke into my house and stole a whole heap of stuff. TV, laptops, etc. But what I couldn't understand is that that they left my new Cannondale road bike, which was in the house and worth around double the amount of the stuff they took.

Man I wish I had have caught them. I have practiced karate for years, and still do. I can't begin to mention the pain that they would have experienced.

Sorry Jack. Rant over. I can imagine the frustration and heartache you must have felt when you saw the FC. Looks awesome now - she's aging well.  I love the pearl white interior. Wink

Kind regards,

Josh

Ol_Girl_58
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »

It wasn't me Josh,

I would have taken the Cannondale  Grin Grin

car looks good now Jack, it already looked good before, looks even better now.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2011, 11:35:05 AM »

Thanks Josh and Ed.

Yeah, Josh; shit like that really does shake your faith in humanity.
I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone...

(hang on... yes I would! On the c@#ts who do things like that!)

cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2011, 11:59:08 AM »

Huh Roll Eyes you just never give up, do ya?? Roll Eyes Wink

OK then, which of your current gripes would you prefer I tackle first; the white spare wheel or the 'bloody shiney flamey thingy'?  Grin Grin

(given that both of these 'offences against good taste and etiquette' are normally hidden from view, I hope you'll understand when I say they're not exactly up the top of my list, but I will definitely get around to fixing them before Pudding-time Christmas...  Wink

well!  excuuuuuuse me for caring!  Tongue Angry

Regardless of your comments here is the priority list:

(1) bloody flamey shiney thing
(2) white spare wheel

Angry Angry Angry Angry

And I want visual proof too! The list is yet to be made!  Angry

Kiss Kiss Kiss

NosFEratu
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2011, 12:33:34 PM »

well!  excuuuuuuse me for caring!

There are some of us out here feeling very relieved that a certain someone hasn't shown them her own special way of caring.   Wink

Posted anonymously....

jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2011, 12:46:48 PM »

(2) white spare wheel

Angry Angry Angry Angry

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Roll Eyes geez, right, I'll get onto it straight away then...  Embarrassed

um, does anyone out there want to swap a bloody flamey shiney thing for a bloody non-flamey shiney thing??

(shit I hope it's 'flamey' bit she's objecting to, and not the 'shiney' bit... or worse still; what if it's the 'thing' itself?? the car just wont be cool at all without a bloody 'thingy'...  Embarrassed )

come on, you blokes; I need some help here...  Wink

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2011, 02:44:55 PM »

There are some of us out here feeling very relieved that a certain someone hasn't shown them her own special way of caring.   Wink

Posted anonymously....

Grin Grin Grin Grin

NosFEratu
effinsee

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2011, 03:37:07 PM »

hi jack ,my name is al ,i used to own your car .it was2 tone grey originaly ,still have a photo somewhere in the shed.was a good car to start with,no rust and very straight.still had the stock grey eng and box.the kid who built it was very fussy and spent a huge amount of time and dollars on it.good to see it again
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »

Gday Al
Yep, it was 2 tone grey originally - I've got a pic of it before the kid and his old man (Mark and Ron) started work on it  Smiley
And you're dead right about them being very fussy and spending lots of $$ and time on the rebuild (this was the 13th old Holden they'd rebuilt). They told me it had all original panels, sills, subframe and floors; it certainly looked like that when I thoroughly checked it out, and that's the main reason I bought it (that and the top-notch rebuild; oh and I must admit I loved the colour it was painted!)
Since then, I have changed/modified/rebuilt almost every aspect of the car bar the gearbox and diff, and while it was being repainted and also stripped out for a new interior, I had a chance to have a real good look at the body - what they told me and what you've just said all seems to be correct  Smiley Grin which probably makes it a fairly rare item...
It's now running a warm 202 and modified Traumatic with an XU-1 LSD and HR disc front end.

I'd be real interested in seeing any pics you may have of it, also any other info about the car.

Thanks n cheers
jack

DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2011, 06:20:24 PM »

Fricken AWESOME Jack. You should be happy with the finished product, looks great. The front end didn't come out as I had imagined  Wink.

Dean.
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2011, 08:01:48 PM »

The front end didn't come out as I had imagined  Wink.

Dean.

Yeah, Dean; unfortunately them bloody FE owners refused to part with a decent grille and indicators....   Sad Sad
I tried, mate; I tried...  Cry Cry

Gassa

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2012, 08:48:52 PM »

Hi its gassa here or the kid as talked about by jack,the fc looks nice good to see it went to a good home,im currently building a fc ute gassa style it ready for paint next month,pitty the body wasn,t as good as the sedan.motor is a 212ci red hoping to run a 12 sec pass aspirated
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2012, 09:47:45 PM »

Hey Gassa.
Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you have an interesting project.
How about starting a thread in the under construction forum and sharing some info and pics.
I am sure everyone would like to see your progress.
Regards
Alex

jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2012, 09:39:33 AM »

Hi its gassa here or the kid as talked about by jack,the fc looks nice good to see it went to a good home,im currently building a fc ute gassa style it ready for paint next month,pitty the body wasn,t as good as the sedan.motor is a 212ci red hoping to run a 12 sec pass aspirated

Gday Mark; long time no see!

As you've probably seen, there's been quite a few changes to the old girl since I bought it off you. But haven't changed a thing (internally) on the motor; it's done 24000 km now, and other than a new accelerator cable and 2 good tune ups (done by a mate who really knows modified red sixes) haven't had to touch it - still runs hard and sweet as a nut  Grin

There would be a lot of people on this forum other than Alex and me who would be really interested in info and pics of the ute build, so how about it?
You may find the odd sceptic who doubts you can get into 12s with an unblown red; after experiencing what you and Ron got out of the red in my car using just a pair of pissy Stroms, I definitely wont be one of them...  Wink

cheers, jack

ps  please give my regards to your 'oldies'!

Gassa

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2012, 10:16:25 PM »

Hey jack mark[gassa] here yes ther has been a few sceptics on running a 12sec pass,me and the old man are confidant it can!! as they say wen the flag drops the bullshit stops.As with the motor in your fc its not about massive everything just the correct combinations.there are a few red sixes running in the 12s at willowbank with manual trans im running a trimatic with 3.7 diff gears[borgwarner diff].Its been a long time coming this car but this is the year it will be ready,il pass on the hello to my parents,and il get some photos of the ute up.cherrs mark
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »

(2) white spare wheel

Angry Angry Angry Angry

Kiss Kiss Kiss

I must be overdue to cop a rocket for not tackling the above 'list', but I've got good excuses  Embarrassed work's a bit full-on this time of the year; also the Leader of the Opposition got real crook before Christmas and unfortunately stayed ill for the best part of a month, so my prime consideration was being nurse, housekeeper, cook, etc...
Luckily for me, she's pretty much back up to speed now, so I've had a little time to spend on the FC.
(She's obviously much better; she's criticising my grammar - reckons that in the preceding sentence there should be a full stop after 'pretty' and that the rest of it is completely superfluous... Wink)

Proof as demanded...

the bloody NON-FLAMEY shiney thing

and the new 14" colour co-ordinated spare wheel

I could point out that these items are never seen while driving the car and are therefore irrelevant, and I could infer that the instigator of these 'improvements'  Roll Eyes may possibly be a pedantic, perfectionist, SCW-ish person...

[but I wont, because a) I'm not that incredibly stupid and totally heedless of my own wellbeing, and b) she's right...  Embarrassed Roll Eyes Undecided Kiss Kiss Kiss]

but I AM a bit concerned about just what 'suggestions' she may come up with next...

cheers, jack

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »

Well Jack a fantastic attempt at completing the "list".  However, before tonight when Kathi will have an opportunity to investigate you may want to consider how to photoshop slots in the spare wheel and put on a white line on the tyre so they match the ones on the car.

Just remember I live with the "list" maker and I know her eye for detail.

John

NosFEratu
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2012, 04:35:21 PM »

but I AM a bit concerned about just what 'suggestions' she may come up with next...

DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2012, 10:02:20 PM »

Play "JAWS" music here...LOL

Dean.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...