FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:36:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Holden 1959  (Read 75663 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2012, 10:05:23 PM »

I can still see flames in the "shiney thing"  Roll Eyes

NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2012, 10:22:11 PM »

I must say it is nice to see you made a decent attempt at your list - Alfred is quite correct in his comments about the non-slotted spare and the New Zealand Rugby Tyre  Roll Eyes He obviously does have skills to listen, retain and know not to commit specific sins!  Wink

And yes, Stinky, I also noted the flames in the shiney thing but you will note that I have refrained in the past from listing the under bonnet flames as I knew that was not a easy fix for him (and he's an old hoon at heart!) Roll Eyes

However, my dear Jack with the refresh of certain major aspects of the car over the last few years (albeit some having been commenced out of of act of flagrant disrespect) I feel it is now time for you to enjoy your car - it is finally what I believe you always wanted it to be...................

that and you're just getting too frickin' old to pick on Kiss

NosFEratu
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2012, 09:28:55 AM »

Well, (breathes huge sigh of relief  Tongue) I got out of that relatively unscathed... Smiley

Any 'flames' seen on the shiney thingy are only reflections; it's definitely a fair dinkum ridgy didge genuine NON-FLAMEY item...
(and there's NO WAY anyone will convince me to remove the ghost flames painted under the bonnet  Angry)

It should be noted that as stock HK rims have a different offset to HT/G they wont fit under the back of my car without using spacers (and that's naughty...) due to the XU1 diff; hence the use of an HT rim.
The 'NZ Rugby' tyre was used because it was in good nick, the right OD (185/80/14) to match my rear wheels, and most importantly, was already in my spare tyres department... but when I win tattslotto, I'll buy a new whiteband one. Wink

I'm also amused that the non-matching trim ring and the lack of a baby moon hubcap attracted no flack!

And I'll reluctantly accept the "you're just getting too fricken' old to pick on" but be assured that I'll definitely be filing that one away for future defence  Grin

Anyhow, I think I'll go for a cruise around now... (with the bonnet and boot shut) Grin Grin Grin

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »

I'm also amused that the non-matching trim ring and the lack of a baby moon hubcap attracted no flack!

I reiterate.... you're getting too frickin' old to pick on  Tongue

enjoy your cruise!  Grin

NosFEratu
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2012, 01:55:58 PM »

I reiterate.... you're getting too frickin' old to pick on  Tongue

Ahhh  Smiley it's a lovely thing....   Smiley

(who said respect for the elderly was dead in this modern age?  Wink  Cheesy)

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »

Looks like I missed out on all the fun, You know I don't think you're too old to pick on Jack Wink, anyway what's wrong with shiney/flamey things Tongue Grin, Mate I absolutely love those wheels, I don't know if it's just the angle of the shot or what but they look shit hot, good to see the old girl resurrected better than ever after her desecration, though you had me worried when I saw the white front guards in the earlier pic.
                                    Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »

Looks like I missed out on all the fun, You know I don't think you're too old to pick on Jack Wink, anyway what's wrong with shiney/flamey things Tongue Grin, Mate I absolutely love those wheels, I don't know if it's just the angle of the shot or what but they look shit hot, good to see the old girl resurrected better than ever after her desecration, though you had me worried when I saw the white front guards in the earlier pic.
                                    Pedro

Pedro, I dont believe for a moment that she'll never pick on me again just because of my advanced old age...  and like you I'm still not 100% certain just why the shiney flamey thing was so offensive, but I've accepted that it just was...

And is it the 'road' wheels you like, or the 'new' spare?  They're completely different, and I'm very surprised that I didn't cop serious flack because of this  Smiley

Mate, it's great to see ya back on the forum  Smiley Grin Cool

cheers, jack

DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2012, 09:59:13 AM »

Don't worry about the flack Jack...(I'm a poet & I didn't know it...lol).

It won't happen overnight, but it will happen,  Wink.

Dean.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2012, 04:00:44 PM »

Definitely the road tyres Jack, the rear quarter shot on page three to be specific, I thought  the other wheel must have been off your tractor or something Tongue Tongue Grin
                             Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2012, 06:34:05 PM »

Geez, Kathi somewhat reluctantly accepted the 'new' spare, but you reckon it looks like a tractor tyre...   Huh Embarrassed

(ah well, you did say I wasn't too old to pick on, so I suppose I should be happy with that...  Grin  and it's a good thing that I keep the boot closed except when getting a cool drink out of the battery box esky  Wink Grin)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: