FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:08:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Holden 1959  (Read 75652 times)
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2009, 12:42:09 PM »

she reckons it'll save her 2 grand when I turn the toes up

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
                    Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2009, 03:08:30 PM »

A certain person (drives a black FE sedan, apparently with a fox tail on the aerial  Roll Eyes) inferred that, me being a "SCW" (the SC stands for 'show car' dunno about the W  Roll Eyes), I would have trailered the FC to Ararat. Not the case at all, and I'm about to send photographic proof of this to said person.

Now you're just making up silly acronyms Jack, SCW can also stand for "Street Car Winner" Wink

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2009, 03:55:29 PM »

You bloody Show Car Wan***

I seem to recall the same black car driver saying this yesterday(slightly censored for public viewing and to protect the guilty) Shocked Shocked
                             Pedro 

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »

All said very much in jest and you guys know it.  Cheesy I know that Jack drives his car a lot - and he drives it hard.  Shocked  I've been almost thrown into the boot through the back seat when he's changed gears.  Shocked  Grin

I admire and respect Jack, and all others, that drive their cars and maintain them in a condition that keeps them in contention for awards.  It's a hard thing to maintain a good balance of enjoyment, personal satisfaction and reward from your car by both showing and driving it.  It takes a lot of work but it can definitely be done! Kudos to all that do it! Smiley

Kathi
(reformed SCW who always paid the price for driving cars in between shows)

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2009, 05:10:31 PM »

All said very much in jest and you guys know it.

Always taken in jest Kathi;D Grin, still it was fun catching you out for once though Wink Cheesy Cheesy, and yes I also have a lot of respect for Jack for winning with a car he drove to the show, I think we're more impressed with his effort than he is Cool Cool Cool Cool
                                                     Pedro

F4+
Omalley
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2009, 05:45:40 PM »

Thanks Kathi, Keith n Pedro
Geez, I dunno?  Undecided I distort the truth a little - and everyone believes it! But when I come clean (well, almost), you all reckon i'm bullpooing....

Pedro, I DID NOT want that pic taken (I thought I was safe when every camera our mob had refused to work); them girls did tealeaf it - from the boot of the FC when I wasn't looking. But to answer your question - yes, the FC did win it (and another one, too!)

Kathi (and Stinky; who'll definitely be shaking his head in disbelief) - afterwards, I asked the judges if they were color-blind; they all denied it - the lying bastards. Also, they clearly have severe numeracy problems... The FJ with the Norman should have scored far higher than mine IMHO.
However, I must admit I enjoyed flogging all the 55/56/57 Chevs; also all the 'street machines'.

cheers jack

Jack, remember telling me it wasnt clean enough under the bonnet???  Sorry if i was rude but wasnt sure if you were the owner or not, was going to take the OLKAT but it leaks in the rain!!!!!!!  Congrats to for the trophy was definately the best car there
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2009, 06:47:49 PM »

Sorry if you were rude? I'm sorry I was a smartarse  Roll Eyes what a wasted opportunity...
Ya weren't there last year; I was really hoping to catch up with you this year.
cheers jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Omalley
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2009, 07:02:32 PM »

Sorry jack, bloody mrs is readyfor a baby drop any day!!  I must admit I have probably only driven the FC maybe 5 times in the last 12 months.  I should be definately taking it to moorabin though as baby will be here by then!!  I love the steering wheel setup you have.  Anyhow beer and talk next time we catch up for sure!!!!!!!!!  Also I will be down port Fairy soon as mate works down there in bakery and he has a few hotrods so if i come down i will message you, cheers
                                                                     paul (my FC now a lot different to how it was, got a set of tasmans on it now with whitewalls)
old59

nos is great

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2009, 07:55:20 PM »

hey jack nice wheels where did u get the idea for hk centres? Huh
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2009, 06:42:15 AM »

old 59, the HK centres looked OK in the past, but certainly not so good now...
To knock up 4 new wheels (without the slots!) wont be easy or cheap - the offsets are all one-offs to suit the suspension, diff, etc.; couldn't handle the expense after forking out for new trim rings n tyres!
cheers jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2011, 11:58:31 AM »

Last post March 2009?  Roll Eyes Been quite a few changes for the old girl since then, and seeing as it's Winter, closed season; no fishing-no work; freezing outside, warm by the computer, here's an update...

Last September, 'The Leader of the Opposition' and me went for a little drive. Swag, tent, food, water and beer dont fit well in the FC; also I'm a little reluctant to flog it over 100's of k's of dirt roads, so it stayed home locked up in the shed and we took the trusty old Statesman (with a 350 SBC on straight gas, it's cheaper to run than the FC too!)

Had a great time until up around northern NSW somewhere, we got a nasty phonecall from no.2 son - some lowlife c@#t had broken into me shed and stole all the beer from the fridge.... and while he was there, gouged every panel of the FC (bar the roof) back to, and into, the metal  Cry Cry Angry Angry
This ruined our day, and I got a little upset; said things like 'oh dear oh my' etc... Weeks later, we got home, but it took a further 2 days before I could go down to the shed and look. It wasn't a pretty sight, and I must admit I got a bit angry.
Was too disgusted to take pics of the damage, but luckily it was insured so months later I took the poor violated old girl away for some new clothes

while this was happening, I did some work on the cooling system and some other bits seeing as access was real good...

I stripped the whole interior out before the car was painted (didn't want overspray on my lovely grey interior)
Was thinking of some way to restore the old girls dignity after she was so violently raped; remembered all the shite consistently put on the grey interior by certain people  Roll Eyes what about a lovely new interior??  Grin
And who better to enlist assistance from in the selection of colour, design, material etc than the two biggest critics of the grey interior??
What a brilliant way to get even with the bastards!  Grin
I drove both of them crazy with questions, ideas, severe challenges, etc for months. Kept changing my mind on the design and generally made a real 'sheilas front bum' of myself; and it was GREAT FUN!!!  Grin
Strangely enough, they both put up with me!  Huh  (although I reckon the trimmer was awful bloody glad he only had to make the seat covers, etc, and I was to fit it all, AND that I was 700 km away...)

Testing, one two...

The 'Leader of the Opposition' having a test drive in the shed...

More test fitting...

(the wheel arch covers were a failure  Roll Eyes had to do them again...)

jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2011, 12:28:17 PM »

Finally got it all (almost) back together.
First outing with the new paint (2 pack, blue is a modified version of GMH 'Torquay Blue' with a few hard clears, white is Honda 'Premium Pearl White')

And after lots of swearing, cursing etc, new interior in...

(yeah, I know - still hadn't fixed the wheel arch covers in this pic, but I eventually did...  Roll Eyes)

So the old girl had new clothes, but it still wasn't quite enough... she needed some sexy new underwear as well!

new sidecovers and other bits (thanks Keith[EffCee]!)

and some new crutchless knickers air cleaners (thanks strong A$!)

BIG thank-yous to the long-suffering trimmer, Stinky, and to Kathi for her help, advice, and trialling of the seat pinstriping  Kiss Kiss Kiss
(Stinky, the kisses are for Kathi; sorry mate!!)

Now I'm definitely in the best phase of all this - as much driving as possible  Grin Grin Grin

cheers, jack

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2011, 12:51:52 PM »

Jack your car  look fantastic but I think it should go straight to the pool room ..... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked.......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2011, 01:33:25 PM »

Jack your car  look fantastic but I think it should go straight to the pool room ..... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked.......FC427......

haven't got a pool room, Mark - so it'll just have to be the road  Grin

(the $8k paintjob has got a few 'trophies' already  Embarrassed Cry but I've had lots of fun collecting them!)

ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2011, 05:06:40 PM »

What a story!  I cannot understand people who vandalise - sure, steal the beer, but the rest is beyond comprehension.

I'm glad your car is back and looking so good.  The interior is stunning (and not grey) but I reckon I'd be scared of marking it.  It is great that you are driving and enjoying the car.

Cheers
David

fasteddyfc

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2011, 06:19:05 PM »

Awesome car mate, i love it, especially the interior and the stance.
Some lowlife broke into my shed a while back, cleaned out my bar and stole a pack of smokes(probably doin me a favour with the smokes!!) then decided to try break into my torana. they only damaged one door and its window, but i barely slept for months and every noise i heard i was straight down the shed. Cant understand thieves, i had $4000 worth of billet wheels sitting next to my car, and they were more interested in rum!
Cant imagine how you feel mate having every panel keyed.. Looks great now though well done..

P>S where is your trimmer located??
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »

Thanks David and fasteddie  Smiley

Raiding my shed fridge is not very Australian, but I can live with that; desecrating the FC for absolutely no material gain is just totally f#@ked  Roll Eyes Huh Shocked
The shed is alarmed now, and a, er, um, 'truncated explosive device' lives under my bed waiting patiently for the next arsehole...
(to comply with warm and fuzzy  Roll Eyes 'pc' requirements and weaken subsequent litigation  Roll Eyes, there's a sign on the gate that says "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again...")

The trimmer is none other than Stinky (google 'streettrim') a moderator on this forum; he's located a bit out of Gawler, S.A.
There's no need for me to give him a big rap; just have a look at pics of his work  Smiley Cool

cheers, jack

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2011, 10:08:21 PM »

It all looks great Jack and it must be really nice to have it all back together in a new and improved form.

Your kisses are graciously accepted! Cheesy  And yeah, you were a right doddery old fart at times!  Grin  The one I really felt for was Stinky!  Grin

Now, next on the hit list......... when are you going to get rid of the bloody shiney flamey thingy under the bonnet?  Tongue  Wink 

NosFEratu
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2011, 11:00:45 PM »

Jack

Great looking car. Wink Wink

Was talking to a motor trimmer today who was suggestung I do my interior in grey.

After seeing the white I might go with that. Wink

As with all the others cannot fathom why a*^eholes do this to cars like this. Huh Huh

Absolute wankers in my eyes.

Enjoy driving a great looking car.

Craig D

jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »

Now, next on the hit list......... when are you going to get rid of the bloody shiney flamey thingy under the bonnet?  Tongue  Wink 

Huh Roll Eyes you just never give up, do ya?? Roll Eyes Wink

OK then, which of your current gripes would you prefer I tackle first; the white spare wheel or the 'bloody shiney flamey thingy'?  Grin Grin

(given that both of these 'offences against good taste and etiquette' are normally hidden from view, I hope you'll understand when I say they're not exactly up the top of my list, but I will definitely get around to fixing them before Pudding-time Christmas...  Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: