FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:48:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Centre Console in Ute  (Read 2997 times)
michaels57

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2002, 08:03:40 AM »

Hey Guys,
As i gutted the interior in the ute on the weekend i was thinking of putting in a center console that would suit a 4spd and also look good
wondering if it's been done before and what's sought  of console should i use.

REGARDS
Michael
Cool Cool Cool

Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 12:27:23 PM »

;DOn my FC Sedan, I used an XC GXL Fairmont Ghia Console which was a near perfect fit, it should work in the ute as well.
Cheers Jockster

Cars are my life not just my work
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 05:31:45 AM »

I've got a Vt console in mine, but have had to do a lot of creative artwork with the floor tunnel out of the donor car to have the handbrake and the gear selector fit in the right place. This has also allowed me to put the Vt bucket seats in the car.
Hopefully I will have some pics soon, as at the moment I have lost access to a digital camera.

Cheers
Jason  Grin

Phone +64 223509263
Mooky

mooky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 05:46:58 AM »

Their is a web site that sells full and half consols for FE's I can't remember the site address but I will try and find it for you.  Try using a search engine and type in FE's and consoles
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2002, 09:39:17 PM »

I've got a console from a HK (same car that donated its floor and powerglide) that fits very neatly between the LJ Torana buckets, with maybe an inch either side.  Just enough room to stuff a street directory, or lose your mobile phone Wink

The HK console is just a storage box (ie a half-console?)  In other words it doesn't have a frame that the shifter boot fits into.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: