FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:51:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tasman Mags  (Read 8928 times)
TAYZ
« on: May 03, 2007, 10:35:14 AM »

Im not going to buy any just yet, but I have always wondered, will they fit on a standard FC front and rear end due to them being 14 inch??  Mind you I will get a set when the right ones come along as I think they look great with white walls.  I there was an FC ute in the NSW club with a set from memory, (anyone got a set with caps out there............) Grin

tayz
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 11:39:53 AM »

Tasmans come in 13" too, I have a pair of each. You'll be lucky to get any caps in any sort of condition though, I had a new set machined up for when I get around to fitting new rims to the mags I have.

FE_UTE
wa-club

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 09:05:11 AM »

Stinky ...if you ask , someone may be able to get a photo of a good tasman cap. Then get it off to a good sign company and they should be able to get some quality stickers made.
If they cant then send me a pic and I will sort it for you

I took a couple of pics of the horn button and came up with these in 50mm for my 14 rims

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 09:52:46 AM »

Cool idea FE Ute.
This may be of some help.

Regards
Alex

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:16:17 AM »

Stinky ...if you ask , someone may be able to get a photo of a good tasman cap. Then get it off to a good sign company and they should be able to get some quality stickers made.

Way ahead of you, I have an image sitting on my hard drive as we speak waiting for the day  Grin

Cripes, that was 3 years ago!
http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1084455019;start=0

fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 11:35:36 AM »

my first fc,31 years ago had 13 inch tasmans on a drum brake front end, my sons eh runs 13 inch tasmans on a drum front end,
and today i picked up a set of 14 inch tasmans( they are going on a hotrod i am building), so next time i have the wheels off the ute i will try them on
i also have a set of 4 centre caps in various conditions, and only today i was thinking of seing if someone could use the good one to make a mould and have some new ones cast.
problem is you get shronkage in the alloy, so the new ones would be slightly smaller, by approx 8%.
i'm not sure if they could be lathed out on the inside to fit the wheel
FC355

Model: FE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »

I have 3 x 13" rounded spoke Tasmans and 2 x 13" squarer spoke Tasmans. Could anyone help out with any spare singles or pairs to make up full sets? I might be interested in doing a trade of a pair of one type for a pair of the other type or I can just pay cash and postage is not a problem. I also only have 3 caps so I need one more but going buy this thread, I'm lucky have any!

Thanks in advance.

Alex

ljgtr355@gmail.com

oldgmh

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 10:02:09 AM »

If you put a matching pair on each side then no-one will notice that they are different - as you can only see one side of a car at a time!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
FC355

Model: FE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »

Yeah, these four were on an HR and as you say, you didn't really notice. It wasn't mine, I just got the mags off it but I'd like to chase up the matching pairs. I managed to chase up one more of the rounder type ones so i have three of them and it had another cap on it so only need one or two round spoke ones, two square spoke ones and one cap.

Sorry about the thread hijack too. I've started my own thread in the wanted section so mods, delete my posts on this thread if I've gone about this the wrong way.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:25:56 AM by big_als_army » Logged
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 07:50:31 AM »

I see there are two Tasman mags on ebay at the moment,may be worth a look.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: