FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:04:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Indicator and Wiper question  (Read 4123 times)
Suzanne

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2002, 05:51:30 AM »

Hi all,
I'm hoping someone can help me out with their knowledge. When I indicate to go either left or right (in my FB), both arrows flash on the dashboard - is this normal?
I also have a silver button on the wiper switch, and pipes that lead (almost) to a water bottle, but I can't see anywhere on the wipers or surrounding area for the water to come out!

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on these things for me!
Suzanne
Smiley
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2002, 08:25:58 AM »

Suzanne, there is a short somewhere in your electrical system - possibly just a globe which is no good.  Have you checked that all the indicators are working on the outside ?
If they are all Ok - check the flasher can.  The indicators should not be doing what they are doing in your car.
Re the washer jets, follow the hoses underneath the dash. Possibly someone has only half installed the washers in your car.
Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2002, 09:23:25 PM »

Suzanne,

Just to follow up on the wipers question, the 'squirters' were an optional accessory (which obviously went with the washer bottle accessory, of course).  So if you can't see anywhere for water to come out, it's possible that there isn't any!

(I'm presuming that FB wipers are the same as FE/FC, pretty sure they are.)  Have a look at where the wiper arms attach to the body of the car.  On the sides closest to the vent there will either be a 'tap' with a hexagonal sort of head, or a grub screw.  If the former, that's where the water comes out - you'll see a pinhole in the head that should face the windscreen.  Stock vehicles (ie without the washer option), had the grub screw in the hole.

After market accessory washers often had a single squirter mounted in the centre of the bonnet.  I mention this only for completeness' sake - if your car had one of these with the hoses runnng around the underside of the bonnet, you'd know Grin

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 12:14:31 AM »

Suzanne I have had this problem when a new globe was fitted and the candle power rating is different to what the other globes are,this is indicated on the side of each globe.
Regards,
Graham
Suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2002, 08:35:31 AM »

Thank you all very much - the first chance I get to look in the light (this having to work for a living business really is awful!!) and I'll be out there to check the globes and the wipers.

I appreciate your help very much
Cheers!
Cheesy
Suzanne
Suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2002, 11:27:41 PM »

Thanks guys for your help on the indicators and wipers.  I've replaced all the bulbs with 12v globes and bought a new flasher unti and the indicators now work beautifully.   Cheesy  
Next weekend will start work on the wipers!

Regards
Suzanne
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: