FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 03:03:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Jet sizes for twin carbs  (Read 3315 times)
ozfueler

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2002, 09:57:32 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm about to install extractors and a twin carb set up onto a stock 132 and I'm wondering if anyone can suggest the correct jet sizes for the carbs?  

The motor is completely stock and will be fitted with a set of HPC coated Lukey extractors and a high torque twin carb manifold, I have been told that 49 mains and 36 power jets could a good starting point, any other suggestions would be great help.

Thanks,
Ozfueler.
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 04:25:16 AM »

Hi Steve hows everything going?Are they the twin carbs set up i sold you?Let me know how they go. Cheers BRAD

1959 Black Std sedan
ozfueler

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2002, 05:28:04 AM »

Hi Brad,

I'ts almost complete, the manifold is the one I got from you.  Its been polished and detailed and looks a treat.  I'm just not sure where to start with the jet sizes.
Hope all is going well with you.
Regards,

Steve...
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2002, 10:52:08 PM »

Hi Steve,
I managed to find some info on my set up for the modified grey. The mains were .51 and power jets .76. Got around 22 mpg with them and nice idle. So I reckon with a stock motor around .49 or .50 mains with the standard power jets would be about right.
I have a selection of most sizes somewhere so I'll have a look on the weekend and can let you have them to experiment if you like.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
ozfueler

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2002, 05:21:19 AM »

Thanks Leigh,

That sounds great, it looks like your original info was on track.  Talk to you more at next Fridays club night.  Once again thanks.
Regards,

Steve...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: