FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:41:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie's FC  (Read 4344 times)
PeteR

ampmobile

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2002, 08:47:06 AM »

Hi,
I've just joined the NSW club (well, sent in my membership application!) and have got some pics of my beast here..

http://www.reynolds-valveart.com.au/fc.html

It needs a bit work so I'm probably going to be a pain to those at the tech forum Wink, but this car reminds me of how I felt when I first got my license 25 years ago. I just want to drive it - even if it's just around the block!
It's my everyday transport/work vehicle - I'm going to get the business logo put on the rear windows (it should look ok - if it doesn't it'll come off!).

'Tennyrate, heaps of thanks to those responsible for this forum, and I hope I don't hassle you all too much! Cheesy

Best wishes,
PeteR
craiga
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 09:33:08 AM »

Pete,

Welcome to the forum, and to the NSW Club. Did you see the notice about the Clubs 21st Birthday celebration this Saturday night?

Full details are here http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=events;action=display;num=1031298009

Your wagon looks really good. You should tell us all a bit more about it - how long you have had it, what motor and so on.

Hope to catch up soon, if not on Saturday night.

Cheers,

Craig.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 10:15:59 AM »

Hello PeteR.

WELCOME

What CraigA said!!

Nice Wagon. My Dad had one similar when I was growing up.

Regards
Alex

coolaride
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 12:45:58 PM »

welcome PeteR ,

nice looking wagon and nice colors too

i bet you`ve got a straight left hand rear door too  Grin

cheers

coolaride  Wink
« Last Edit: September 18, 2002, 12:48:22 PM by coolaride » Logged
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2002, 07:26:55 PM »

Hi Pete
     Welcome aboard! its good to see another wagon with the exact same colours as mine. You will find that the people on this forum are a wealth of information & they go out of there way to try to help. You have the full range of
different member cars from original to wild custom fe/fc's.
     Since i have been on this site the members have helped me heaps with the rebuild of my v8 wagon otherwise i would be still scratching my head not knowing where to start.
  Cheers
  Glenn  

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2002, 08:22:02 PM »

Newbie your Wagon looks great,nice colours.Are you able to come to the  Clubs 21st I'm sure we would all like to see the car in the flesh.Catch up soon.

Cheers,Graham F Wink
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2002, 12:08:52 AM »

Like to welcome you to the club it is good to see another good looking car. Hope to see you on saturday should be agood night. All of the club runs are good meeting and discussing with others that have same interest as you Smiley
Wayne
PeteR

ampmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2002, 10:07:30 AM »

Thanks for your kind words fellas, it's good to feel welcomed Smiley

Craig, I downloaded the flier for the 21st party but Acrobat wouldn't open it. It said "Invalid ColorSpace" Huh
I'm a bit of a cybertwit, perhaps I need to update my version of Acrobat.
'Tis a bugger anyway, because I have to go to a mate's 40th this Saturday  (bummer!) However I'm sure we'll catch up soon - are the many members out Hawkesbury district/Penrith way?
Re- the beast...it's a '58, I've only owned it for a month and there's a bit of sorting to be done. It was rebuilt in 1996 (got the engineer's report), got a HR front end and rear end, still got the FC steering box (which I had rebuilt last week), a 186 with noisy lifters (but goes well) and an Aussie 4speed with shot synchro's in second (it also does the "let's engage 2 gears at the same time" thing at the most embarrasing moments Wink. With yesterdays deluge I also discovered a rather nasty leak on the driver's side - there was a large, deep puddle near the accelerator. Plus there's a little bit of rust here and there but nothing major or structural and a few electical bugs to attend to.
They're all the bad things - there's too many good things to list!
Coolaride - yes the L/hand rear door is straight, but the L/hand front door is dinged Grin

I hope we get to meet soon so you blokes can tell me how to fix the gremlins!

Thanks again,
PeteR Smiley
craiga
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2002, 10:23:34 AM »

Pete,

Too bad you can't make it on Saturday night, but we'll catch up soon. There are a number of us around your area, I'm at Leonay (near Emu Plains) and RET is at Glenmore Park. A couple of the other guys live in Windsor and Richmond and in the mountains.

See you soon.

Cheers,

Craig.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: