FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:48:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: indicator handle  (Read 4362 times)
leon

Model: FE

My FC Business Sedan

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2002, 08:37:18 AM »

:oI'm seeking a indacator handle for my FE Standard. The one I have on the car is metal chrome and I've been told that its not original I have seen black metal stem
with black bakerlite or plastic  tip on FE Specials in the club. So if you guys can help me obtain one and how much Then that would be just great. Cheesy
Regards Leon.          
Damon

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2002, 10:39:12 AM »

Hi Leon, I have a couple of indicator stalks for you to choose from. (free to a good home).
Mine are FC but i'm pretty sure that these are the same as FE. Can anyone confirm?
I'm in Glen Iris (Melbourne) if you are nearby.

Call me on 0418810 693 if  you are interested.

Damon.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2002, 09:40:50 AM »

At some time during the FC run - the indictor stalk changed from a straight parrallel stem that was on the FE to a tapered stalk.  I have seen FE's with the straight stalk but I have seen FC's with both types of indicator stalk.

Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 02:26:17 AM »

Leon,

Technically speaking, no indicator stalk at all is the correct and original fitting for your car, being a Standard Sedan.  I had a look at the photo I took of your car's interior, but it's not very clear on this point, so perhaps you can remind me.  Is the indicator stalk an aftermarket attachment that is strapped to the steering column, or is it fitted into the slot in the collar behind the steering wheel?

If the former, then it's a valid and uncommon period accessory. (And if you want my opinion should be kept just as it is.  We had several people come up to us at the All Holden Day and ask why your car had no front blinkers when all the other FEs did, and I think the aftermarket indicator stalk adds to that charm).

Having said that, it's your car, and you do whatever you want with it. Grin

Hope that helps,

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Peter Huhta
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2002, 04:11:51 AM »

Hi all,

I have a 'period' aftermarket indicator stalk that came off an FE.  She's a heavy duty piece of gear with a rubber wheel type arrangement that rode on the steering column.  If anyone is interested I'd be happy to sell as is, not sure if it'll work or not??  It's in wodonga VIC, however I'd be happy to post it out.

Also I've seen FJs with FE type front indicator assemblies, were these an option at the time for FJs also, or did people fit FE ones after the FE was released so that they had part of the new model!!  And a safety feature of course!!

Peter
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2002, 08:33:44 PM »

Leons indicator lever is fitted as a normal Special through the slot in the column,not as a clamp on system,but it does have a Chrome lever.

Cheers,Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: