FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 10:45:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: V6 into FC  (Read 6119 times)
neil armstrong
« on: September 04, 2002, 09:41:54 AM »

Hi
i was wondering what the size difference between a 6 cylinder trimatic and a V6 T700.  I have a 186 trimatic in my FC at the moment and was planning to put a supercharged V6 out of a VS commodore. i have a chassis kit ready to put in and i already have a bigger tunnel but im not sure if i would get the T700 in their with out doin more changes to my tunnel. I have a Haddfeild chassis kit in it at the moment but it is only supporting the gearbox area, and it is very close to the auto.
If any one has had this problem, i would apreciate yiour help
thank you
Neil
fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2002, 12:44:16 PM »

Hi neil.  I originally purchased a Hadfield chassis,g/box kit which included the larger trans. tunnel(ek auto) to suit 186 and celica 5 sp.  I am currently putting in a supercharged v6 and T700 so i purchased a new trans. crossmember to suit the chassis kit and T700 g/box. The existing tunnel will clear the new t700 trans.
Hope this helps you out.

Miikael
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2002, 04:14:49 AM »

Miikeal,

Have you also fitted your pedal assembly and steering column?

Neil,

I will have trial fitted my V6 in about two weeks with the T700 gearbox and should have an answer for you then.

Regards
Jason.  Grin

Phone +64 223509263
scarey1

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2002, 09:47:42 AM »

Try v6 conversions in Moree N.S.W.

Speak to pat gardner he will be more than happy to help.
he has helped me with a very comprehensive conversion kit for my fc special.

the kits come inclusive of just about every thing you need to do the conversion and he freights it around australia as well.

as i am in perth it is very hard to get good help over here and i found pat is the best to talk to about this conversion.

website is
http://www.v6conversions.com.au

regards
scarey1 Smiley
fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2002, 11:34:46 AM »

hey scarey1, have you spoken to albert panizza over here in WA?
he also does the v6 conversion
craig
scarey1

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2002, 09:07:43 AM »

i ahvent spoke to anyone over here in wa because i thought that no one existed over here.

have you got his number Huh Huh

thanks
scarey1 Grin
fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2002, 12:19:33 PM »

hey scarey 1, ring me at work on 93712005 and i will give you his details
craig clements
fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2002, 12:47:41 PM »

Hi jason. Sorry to take so long to reply as I haven't been on for awhile.  I have not fitted the colomn and pedal assembly yet.  I am going to be running an AJ's hot rods stainless colomn for the steering and am going to be modifying the brake pedal to run the VT booster and M/cylinder under dash.  There won't be a clutch which will make things easier. With the accelerator pedal which I've trialed I did have a Rare spares cable type to use but found the pedal out of a VN much better suited to the shape of the FC floor/firewall area.

To Scarey1.   I don't know if you've spoken to Albert yet but I got told to talk to him and he was helpful but his prices I thought were abit too much. From memory his labour charges were more than Pats outright ready to go parts.  On top of this you had to supply own parts for him to convert or modify. This may have changed though, so I'd have a talk to him anyway and see what he has to say.

To Craig.  are you and your sweet fc ute going to be at the Burswood Hot rod show.  If you are I'll come and introduce myself as I've never had a chat with you even though I've seen you around a bit.
Cheers
Miikael
fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2002, 11:38:03 AM »

gday miikael, i have been planning on driving the ute to melbourne the week after the burswood show but the death of a very close friend this week and a lot of other factors have caused us to cancel the trip. it wont be at the show this year but should be back on the road in a couple of weeks(new red motor) and yo can catch up with me at fast eddys in morley every saturday morning
fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2002, 12:39:33 PM »

hey craig. sorry to hear about that.  I actually forgot that you guys meet there. I'll try and make it soon.
miikael
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: