FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:37:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: turbo chargeing vs v6  (Read 3501 times)
dodger

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2006, 09:34:23 AM »

hey guy ,, just woundering if anyone had any info on turbo chargeing a 3.6L ECOTEC , i found the right kit to do the mods but just doing my home work befor i start the job ,,, any one had any problems with anything ?

cheers !!
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 01:41:59 AM »

wouldnt bother, not for the $$$ it will cost you. for that you could build a tough v8/inline 6. or another option, is a rb30 turbo engine, there alot cheaper to build, and are tough as!

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 05:10:38 AM »

Hey dodger,

if you read the current SM and last months.  they are doing a good series on tuff V6's.

apparently the factory supercharged V6's are the hot ticket.

well worth considering... lighter than a V8, fits easier, easy to engineer and rego.

but.. doesnt sound like a V8  Tongue

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 11:05:18 AM »

isnt there an $1800 bolt on option from CRS?

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 12:37:27 PM »

the crs kit id a bit small for a 3.8, best way to go is a l67 or whatever they are that is already prepped to run boost without forking big bucks on modifications to a na v6, I dont go much on the v6 but ive noticed some v6 commodores doing 11's with the sc v6, they look much much better once the rocker covers and supercharger are polished up

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
ekspecial

Never late in a V8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 01:48:08 PM »

The holden ecotec V6, as most of you probably know is from buick.

They actually made factory turbo versions in the states, you can often find factory turbo manifolds and all the other items required for a conversion on ebay.com , if you are dead set on turbo'ing that may make it a bit cheaper. On the other hand how can you go wrong with a factory supercharged motor that is easy to get parts for locally.

A turbo will never match the instant grunt a supercharger gives.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: