FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:09:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: adjustable / non adjustable roller rockers??  (Read 2661 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« on: September 12, 2006, 10:38:51 PM »

What is the difference (in applications) between adjustable and non adjustable roller rockers?
I am currently using hydraulic lifters and stock rods and reckon non adjustable rockers would be fine.
If I changed to roller cam and roller lifters would a non adjustable rocker still be OK?
Are adjustable rockers for use with solid lifters only?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
suziecreamcheese

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 11:45:08 AM »

if you change to a solid roller or any solid lifters you would  need adjustable rockers and screw in studs you can use adjustable rockers on a hydraulic lifters  what engine?? Cheers suziecreamcheese
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 08:34:03 PM »

Hey Suzie cream cheese, (lol)

the roller rockers are for a Holden 308.

im using new lifters but still have a noisy drive train.

i suspect the rockers and bridges are worn, but have little faith in the OEM units as I have put a pushrod thru them before under gentle driving conditions.

planning to use some "easy fit" roller rockers but deciding whether to use adjustable or not.

Not really planning on running solid lifters now or in the future, so maybe non adjustables should be OK.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: