FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 06:26:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: insulated carby gasket  (Read 1901 times)
Phantom

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2006, 02:38:24 AM »

G'day all , not sure if this is in the right section, but can anyone tell me where i can buy a couple of these gaskets(or non insulated ones) for a strommie carbie?, it sits betweeen carby and manifold, tried a local parts bloke then rare spares but no go . Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 03:37:51 AM »

Rusty,
The gaskets are easy to make yourself using a reasonably thick gasket paper available at any auto shop.I think the originals were a rubberised gasket but ordinary gasket paper will do.Just place the insulator over the gasket paper and trace.Cut out with scissors or a stanley knife.Easier still if you have a wad punch     ( yeah I know it sounds a bit sexual ! ).
I make all my gaskets this way except complicated ones and specific ones (like head gaskets obviously)and its quick,cheap,hassle free and you can make an aditional one as a template if you ever need another one.Saves stuffing around and having to find and order one.
If you've got a bench grinder with a stainless steel wire brush attached the old hard stuck on gasket can be removed from the old insulator and the insulator can be reused.
Carefull not to gouge the insulator with the brush as its a bakelite type plastic and the wire brush can be a little harsh on it.
Could also try removeing old gasket from insulator with a sanding attachment as long as you kept the insulator flat and evenly parrallel when sanding.
Of course someone might just have some of these gaskets sitting in their shed!!
Terry.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 01:36:45 AM »

Thanks for that  FB Mad
                                           Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 03:56:07 AM »

Can also get just the insulator at American Auto Parts.

https://www.americanautos.com.au/secure.html

7409234 NEW CARB HEAT INSULATOR GREY MOTOR $22.09

Hope it helps.

Rod
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 04:47:48 AM »

G'day all, Just another question on the insulated gaskets, did the X2 twin carbie set up come out with insulated gaskets?
                         Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: