FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 23, 2024, 01:26:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE taxi????  (Read 6409 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2005, 04:32:11 AM »

came accross this FE sedan today,painted up as a yellow cab.

id plate
FE 217 1351 A
trim 4- 676
paint 2536258

info says that it was originally single colour black bussiness sedan with fall red interior
car is in overall good condition from what i can see with the body looking straight, though the left sill is rusted and a few bubbles appearing elsewhere. rear panel below bootlid is also bubbling and showing signs of cancer. has accessories like taxi bar, taxi sign on roof plus taxi meter, no blinkers and chromework appears straight but  would need re-doing.
interior is in fair condition though the seats are now done in Morrocco Tan and Egret Ivory and look in original condition hoodlining looks as if it has been replaced.
still got grey motor though unless i got the numbers down wrong has come out of a FJ

owner wants to see it go to a restorer and is asking $6000 (what he paid for it several years ago??) might be a bit steep but to someone out there who knows???

can take pics tomorrow if anyone is interested or call him on 0418 481001 his name is Les.

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 09:30:26 AM »

Not allowed to buy anymore cars.....yet, but would love to see some photos. 217's are very rae & believe it or not, another one down here, with Black & the Taurus Red interior is also owned by a fella called "Les"....weird, huh?

Rob J
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 04:24:07 AM by 4hammers » Logged

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 08:52:20 PM »

hi rob, thats pretty weird mate, this guy has owned it for a couple of years, apparently it was bought  and painted up as a yellow cab to promote a new cab company down here which never got started, he was telling me yesterday he also had a 57 chev he wanted to do in the same colour scheme??
i will try and get some pics today if i get some time at lunch.
dean

julius
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 05:11:42 AM »

Hi Guys

No I don't need another car but this FE sounds like the one at Mitchell in Canberra. if so I had a look at it before the nats and if I remember right it's from Qld.

Julius
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 01:06:33 AM »

hi julius, yeah thats the one. i have seen this car for a couple of weeks parked away from the street but he put a for sale sign on it the other day so i thought id take a quick look at it.
dean

cajerridoc
sa-club

Model: FE and FC

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 09:44:54 AM »

Has this car been sold?

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 07:28:47 PM »

This was my car, I had partially restored many years ago.  It is an original Brisbane yellow cab, probably the only one in existance.  Although now I believe it would have quite a bit of rust in the floor, unless it has been worked on further.  Also it had some QLD plates on it OFE-217 which the owner would not return to me as was the deal.  These plates are QLD retro plates and are my personal property, I lost contact with the owner shortly after requesting the plates back, I believe at that time his name was Michael.  If anyone does purchase the car could they be so good as to arrange for my plates to be returned, if they are still on the car.
I don't think this is the same owner, but if it is, they I suggest caution to any purchaser.  Also please feel free to ask any questions you may have about the car.

Michael
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 09:17:46 AM »

When Michael had the car it had engine number L375864 which would have been the original engine I think.
Sounds like this has been ditched along with the original interior.
Ken
Shayne
qld-club

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 09:41:26 AM »

Paintman Michael,
You should be able to get replacement plates through Qld Transport or Personalised Plates Qld for about $30.  The retro plates would have been put in your name, not especially for that vehicle, so even if you don't have the actual plates, they should be in your name.  Report them 'lost or stolen' and a new set should be on the way to you.  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 09:42:46 AM by shayne » Logged

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 10:53:24 PM »

The taxi is now sold.

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: