FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 05:18:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Virus Warning "Fefcholden Support Team" Message  (Read 1725 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: June 15, 2005, 09:34:20 PM »

Guys,

If you receive the following message with an attachment:

Dear Fefcholden Member,

Your e-mail account was used to send a huge amount of unsolicited spam messages during the recent week. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and confirm the attached document so you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to cancel your membership.

Virtually yours,
The Fefcholden Support Team

+++ Attachment: No Virus found
+++ Fefcholden Antivirus - http://www.fefcholden.org.au

You should delete it.  It does not originate from this site, but most likely from the compromised (i.e. virus-infected) computer of a forum user (not necessarily a member).  The virus is harmless to Mac/Linux/Unix users, but no doubt will cause a variety of unpleasantness for Windows PCs.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 09:38:01 PM »

In the time it took me to write the previous post I received another that looks like this:

Dear user jane,

You have successfully updated the password of your Fefcholden account.

If you did not authorize this change or if you need assistance with your account, please contact Fefcholden customer service at: admin@fefcholden.org.au

Thank you for using Fefcholden!
The Fefcholden Support Team

+++ Attachment: No Virus (Clean)
+++ Fefcholden Antivirus - http://www.fefcholden.org.au

Same warning applies.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
REDMR2RED
vic-club

Model: FC

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 09:50:02 PM »

Hi Ret, thanks for the heads up.

This is not unique to this Forum.  I'm on a few other forums and also my email address is on couple of Club Web Sites and am experiencing the same spam/virus.  

The danger with this one is that it is different and follows with a warning that the unsuspecting may respond to.

Kevin
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 09:50:50 PM by REDMR2RED » Logged

1959 FC Holden Ute
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: