FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 08:26:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Messages  (Read 1613 times)
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2004, 08:22:55 PM »

Hi Richard,
Sorry about the posting here but I tried sending you a pm about my messages disappearing but it wouldn't send. (D'oh)
My problem is that all my messages now disappear once they're read. Has the message function been changed to do this or is it something that dopey might have done this end? I had a couple of phone numbers amongst them that I didn't record anywhere else and it'd be nice to get them back if possible. can you help please?
Leigh

Red & white is alright
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 11:38:22 PM »

Leigh,

I was only able to recover about 3 or 4 messages from the last two backups - but some went back to last year, so I guess that's all of them.

AFAIK there's no auto delete setting, but it is easy to accidentally hit the "Select All" button near the "Delete" button in the mailbox.  A few people have done that in their time.

I recommend you set the "Email Notification" preference to "Yes" in your profile.  That way you get an email copy of any PM you receive.  You can't reply to them directly of course, but at least you've got a second copy of it somewhere should you need it.  Depending on your email software, it's easy to file these PMs in a folder and run searches across them (if, like me, you never throw anything away and have about 500 of them... Roll Eyes)

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 01:44:37 AM »

Thanks Richard,
I've not been deleting messages. They just disappear when I exit the message centre.
I'll change the profile now.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: