FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 30, 2024, 04:12:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What sump?  (Read 2734 times)
Vinnie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2004, 09:21:05 AM »

Guys, Just quickly. what sump fits a 186 with HR disc front end which will not interfear with steering? Thanks
Vinnie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 09:26:01 AM »

Just read further in postings.Is it a EH sump and pick up?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 09:26:39 AM by Vinnie » Logged
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 09:39:52 AM »

Vinnie,
A EH Sump and pick up will fit and i think LC-LJ Torana 6
will fit also. Wink
Regards ACE Cool
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 11:16:30 AM »

Funny I was just doing the same thing today...sump sorting.... The EH sump is used for the conversion....Make sure the engine mounts when relocated are hanging over the rear of the crossmember by the thickness of the mount ( about 3-4  mm) Bware of engine mounts that are not in this location as you will fol the steering and make it harder for  fitting of cooling fan if mounted too far foward. There is another sump I have seen used  and that is the HT sump but I can tell you that its tolerences for clearing the steering is so fine and you have to weld the mounts in whilst suspending the engine ...its best not attempted due to so manyvariables...Have seen it pulled off and wondered why someone would do it this way when the EH sump is the easy alternative....cheers streetneat.

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
Vinnie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 02:49:55 PM »

Thanks guys
i ended up modifying the sump and pickup as boof head me found out that the EH sump could not be put on with the motor in.Funny that i got the motor from an exact conversion as i was doing and i have now found that me engine sits that little closer towards the front. Not a day too soon if i had to take the sump off again- what a bitch of a job.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: