FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:42:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: vn brake booster  (Read 4562 times)
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2004, 08:30:12 AM »

has any body used a vn commodore brake booster if so is there any tricks to mounting them up any help will be greatly appreciated

fatboy
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 05:05:12 AM »

Hey Fatboy,

With the booster set up, you will have to decide whether or not you are using an auto or not. If Auto, then the booster will fit, however then you have to look at the pedal set up.
SGO aka George may be able to help you will a VN set up, However I first tried to put VR pedal assembly in and would have to have lengthened the pedals to get it to work... I don't think that changing the pedal length is legal either. Lucky enough for me that th VT booster, and pedal assembly all bolts up together and from starting with them installed in th VT to fitting them into the FE took a total of six hours... The pedal length is perfect onto the ball of your foot. I then cut the frame from the original FE pedals and welded it to the Vt ones, this prevents firewall flexing and when done looked pretty good.

I was then able to go through Hoppers stoppers to get the VT brakes to fit HR drum stubs and with the VN Diff on the back of the car the calipers are again matched to the VT system so had no worries with registration.

Hope this helps

Jason.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 05:05:58 AM by fevanv6 » Logged

Phone +64 223509263
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 08:19:53 AM »

any chance off a photo. as i am going to use the brake pedals out of the vn statesman

thanks fatboy

fatboy
sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 09:52:07 AM »

I found a VP pedal a bit short and lengthened it with an FC one. It's not quite right as I think there is a bit too much travel. Back to the drawing board!

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 11:09:16 PM »

Hey SGO
What car's that accelerator from? Commodore I presume? Looks like just the thing for my car.

Cheers

sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 08:37:53 AM »

Yep, its all mostly vp commodore .
THe bracket bolts to a raised base welded to the floor and the top arm is modified to fit!

Digger

Classic not Plastic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 01:22:37 PM »

Hey Stinky,

I have used a f##d pedal in my car it fitted in perfect, bolted strait to the floor but I have used the f##d 6 cyl exal cable and it fitted up to a 350 holley,ww2 holden and now to my tripple carbs.

I think it was from a 1991 sedan ??

Steve.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 08:33:56 PM »

Cool, thanks Digger, at least I know it's going to be cheap now  Grin.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: