FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:35:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: MICKS FIRST FC PROJECT  (Read 8391 times)
mickusmickus

Model: FC

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2004, 06:05:33 AM »

HI

this is my first FC I got it from a friend who has had it for 5 years.  Previous to that it was under a house for 17 yrs.  All I hyave done to it is put in an electric fuel pump and wipers.  She goes like a dream.  I have big plans for her future but as I am just a poor student I will have to wait till I have a 'real' job.

PS:  sorry about the pic quality I only have a camera phone to take the photos with.

Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 06:41:55 AM »

Very nice looking car, nice colour scheme,you have done well to get it
Cheers  :DJock

Cars are my life not just my work
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 06:46:08 AM »

just tooo kool  Cool  mick   i wanna be a poor student too!! Wink
congratulations..very nice
      cheers trev

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 06:52:26 AM »

Thanks guys

I picked it up for the very respectable sum of $2000.  It is totally rust free and the body is gun barrel straight.  It could use a shot of paint but that can wait.  The rubbers are quite ordinary so it leaks like a siv.  Interior is good but the rubber on the floor is non existant so it looks like carpet will be the go!!

Cheers MICK
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 08:27:23 AM »

Mick
Very nice car, It is the same colours as mine but in reverse.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 05:38:36 AM »

HI

I did a little work on the weekend on my wheels.  Decide to paint them white.  I only did the front two so I could see what they look like.  Let me know what you think

MICK

Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 05:55:01 AM »

Hi Mick,

Keep it cool, keep the standard rims, light blue.

On the leaking problem, see new subject "LEAKS LEAKS LEAKS", they can easily be fixed.

I wish I had had the benefit of this forum in 1968 when I started playing with my light blue FE, might have made less mistakes, and not had the rust problem that I now have to fix.

Cheers,  Geoff_K
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 06:12:29 AM »

I don't mind it, sort of a "poor man's whitewalls" look.

But I agree with Geoff, light blue rims with real white walls would look pretty schmick.  Not that I'm biased or anything....

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 06:28:27 AM »

the white looks heaps better,back ones look sort of grubby ,if you had white walls then the blue  , but a very pale tone.
great looking bargain anyway,

Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 09:58:03 AM »

Hey Mick
Do to the car what ever makes you happy, don't worry about what anyone else says. Me I like the body colour best.
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 12:26:57 PM »

Mick,

The white does look better than the other dark colour.

Another idea is to paint the rim in the light blue body colour and the centre in a darker blue similar to your roof.  That way, you'll get a nice contrast with the tyre and the hubcap.

Whatever you do though, it's yours, as others say, so suit yourself.

You've got a good car there.  Look after it.  8^)

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2004, 01:01:49 AM »

Thanks for all the input guys.

U have no idea how much trouble I have had trying to find the light blue the same as the body.  I actually painted the dash and had to settle for a different light blue.  As for the white wheels they are only a tempoary thing untill I have the cash to get the project moving.  Planning on some american racing wheels smoothies with some nice white walls.   Cool.  Bring on the weekend so I can finish painting the back wheels.

MICK
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2004, 06:08:39 AM »

AT LAST!!

I finished the wheels today and gave the old girl a nice polish up.  Came up a treat.

MICK

wylie58

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2004, 09:22:25 AM »

Go the white rims they look great

wylie 58
HARKO
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2004, 12:45:24 PM »

working with a lack of budget makes it so much more fun huh, I used a metal bar , jacked the car up in the arse and cut a groove in the tyre then painted on some p4 roller dye from work and they looked brilliant although the paint faded and needed a recoat after a month or so i would suggest ringing the white wall guy and getting a lead on his rubberised paint.
Also i used v8 commodore coils and cut the bump stops in half ,with lowering blocks in the back (ebay) and dress rims from a swap meet ,cheap as hell as cool as shite with a very very low budget. if thats the look your after of course.
Your off to a great start with your head in the right direction because your mates are losing money on their zot boxes whilst you are gaining ,and hey if you dont have a girl yet - it wont be long hehe
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2004, 05:28:25 AM »

HAHA

yeah I have a girl, she loves the look of the car but hates that old car smell in the interior and dosent like the bare floor.   But at the moment im saving my pennies for a "streatneat" paint job and body work and a 186/HR front and 5 speed conversion.  At least there is not much work to do on the body Smiley .  Got my first job interview tomorrow with an electrical enginnering company so who knows the cash might soon be rolling in.   Wink

thanks for the comments guys.

MICK
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2004, 05:29:37 AM »

Yeah guys I am looking at the rubberised paint to do my white walls cant see the point in getting real whitewalls when u can just paint em on yaself.  I dont miond spending a bit of time once a month repainting them.

MICK
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2004, 05:02:03 AM »

Im all excited after going to the brisbane hot rod show and having a long chat to STREETneat I went and looked at an EH for sale with a friend who wants it for parts.  Anyway turns out it has a 179 HP and a HR disc front end and guess who is getting those  Wink.  

MICK
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2004, 09:16:04 AM »

Mickus Mickus  Mickus .....That camera phone does the car justice heh...Too much justice.... Heh heh ... Just kidding mate... the fact you had the intelligence to purchase a FC in the first place is enough.... Roll Eyes...
That grey sounds painful on start -up... I thinks its trying to tell you something... Tongue Keep saving and dreaming ..you WILL get there... Sorry for the toy display ...one day lad all this will be yours... errr.. if you collect the same cars that is..... Huh Cheers james...or is that streetneat.?..or Andrew... take yer pick... (james?- where did that come from?)

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2004, 02:11:54 AM »

haha streetneat,

Lucky the james thing was scotty anyway.  The toy display is always welcome for me mate.  Love to see it hope to see u soon with some cash and a dream.

MICK

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: