FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:54:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC column shift auto with rack+pinion  (Read 1794 times)
MikeM
wa-club

My v6 "upgrade" was about better brakes :(

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2003, 12:38:55 AM »

Anyone had any experience in V6 conversion, modifying the original column to use the column shift as the shift for the auto? It is now rack and pinion (rear mounted) and I understand that LH gear can be used to connect the modifed column to the steering gear, but want to keep the car looking as original as possible outside and in.

Any one done this already? all help is appreciated.
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 09:46:06 AM »

Mike,

Go to page two of this section, ie Modification Help, and near the bottom is a similar question I asked with regard to a V8 conversion.

There are a number of helpful pointers, including details of a guy who can make up a column to suit rego requirements.

However, as you would be aware, FCs never had an auto column, so the linkages etc won't suit.

My comprimise is to go for a modified FC column that shall suit an FC wheel, and retain an original look, but to settle for a floor shift  for the auto.

Regards

Edward
MikeM
wa-club

My v6 "upgrade" was about better brakes :(

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 11:12:40 PM »

Thanx Edward,

I am going to get Rod to do the column ( mailed him last night, even though it is not a requirement in WA, for my own piece of mind, I will get it done) , but I really am trying to avoid a floor shift.. How is it done on something like a LH torana, which apparantly can be used in the FC, or is this just the actual column itself and the shifter needs to be relocated? This is what I am trying to understand... without having a LH column shift to look at!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: