FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 08:04:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC panel van  (Read 3186 times)
Nona
« on: November 16, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

I have recently bought an FC panel van and I am seeking any information about the model. How many were manufactured? Were they 2 tone paint, would anyone know how many FC panel vans are still running around out there? Are they rare?
clive

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

no-one seems to know how many were made.  best guess is about 10,000  they are rare. but u can get one if u want.  as far as i know they were never in 2 tone, as they were just for work and were as spartan as u could get.  that is , just the bare bones.
p/van owner
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

as bare as bones perfectly discribes the old workhorse , note i have only seen 3 other windowless p/vans over the last five years since owning mine.they appear to only exsist in one colour and  minimal chrome work and  if you are lucky an old air chef radio
clive

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

even the headlight and tailight surrounds were painted.  not chromed
Markcableguy@yahoo.com
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

My van had three different colours when I stripped the paint.Top coats where two tone blue,next was red and 1st colours were two greens-the I.D. plate shows paint as Ice Green(256-2100) and top (?) as 333.I don't know whether this means the van was painted two tone at the factory or whether top means something else-can anyone help?
Richard Thomas (Guest)
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Mark,
All panel vans and utes were single colour from the factory.  That is not to say that they weren't fitted with Special chrome or Tilli's kits by the dealers that sold them, but I am not aware of any such kits made for commercial vehicles.  They typically only suit 4-door models.
I am pretty sure that the RPO (Regular Production Option) number 333 you refer to means that the van had windows factory fitted, but I'm not 100%.  Does your van have windows?  Maybe 333 means window-less - I can't remember.   :-/
cheers RET
Markcableguy@yahoo.com
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Thanks for the info Richard-my van did have windows fitted (probably in   factory because they looked appropriately old).The category "Top" on the I.D plate obviously doesn't refer to the colour of the roof.
Richard Thomas (Guest)
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Hey there Mark,
The entry on the plate called "Insert" is where the second colour (ie the one not on the bonnet) is listed.  This is always blank on vans, utes, business sedans, standard sedans & wagons as well as factory single-tone specials.  In other words expect to see that field stamped only on a Special vehicle.
For the lowdown on all those fields and their meanings, check out the following URL on our site: http://www.fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/idplate.html
cheers, RET
Steve LionsPride HCC NSW
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Have found windowless panel van lying poor and desolate in a field in Western Sydney. Even know the owner (The Council) Rusty and too far from the road to gauge true condition. Steve Lionspridensw@mbox.com.au or 0400 822 744
Ken McLean
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

RPO 333 means factory fitted rear window - not side windows. So even windowless vans can have 333 stamped on the id plate if they have a window fitted in the upper tailgate. There are 2 ID plates. The early one has paint and top with RPO on the RHS and the later one has paint, insert and top on the ID plate to coincide with the later paint schemes of the FC sedan.  There were approx. 10200 FC vans made - all one colour and all with painted headlamp & tail lamps.  Early ones had painted grilles as well but this was discontinued late in 1958. Dealers were responsible for most of the mods seen on vans ie 2 tone paint & extra chrome.  Hope this helps   Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: